The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pauline Hanson's makes a bid

Pauline Hanson's makes a bid

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All
Paul,

There is speculation that Hanson may have won a seat.

However have a look at
http://www.ethics.org.au/ethics-forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=674&p=6060#p6060
(unfortunately we can't post pictures on here)

If Greens' policies are so good then why are the Shooters and Fishers and others able to pick holes in them so easily?

They are simply not thought out and their ramifications are not understood by their authors; this leaves Greens' supporters in a nasty position as they cannot rationally support their own policies.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 8:30:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What an appalling image Is Mise links to. The nutter who posted it needs help. As for Hanson, if by some electoral travesty she scrapes in over the Greens I tend to agree with Pericles. Better to have the lunatic fringe out in the open than muttering darkly to themselves in obscure corners of the Internets.
Posted by morganzola, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 9:56:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What's appalling about it?
I thought that it was rather good, 'X' for the Greens.

I'd say that the poster has a developed sense of humour considering the way the Greens have done their best to hound those interested in shooting.

Of course one can understand the attitude of some Greens and their distaste for hunters going into National Parks to hunt.
These hunters use SatNav to be sure that they are in the designated hunting areas and when they find an illegal drug plantation they pin-point it for the police, great devices SatNavs.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 29 March 2011 11:07:26 AM
We are seeing one of the real dangers of voting 'above the line' in these upper house elections. There was I, voting above the line, for the No Fruit Cake Party, who's policy of baning the eating of fruit cake on a Wednesday afternoon I totally agree with. I now find, that nice man, Mr Shickelgruber, the head of the No Fruit Cake Party, without my knowledge has directed preferences to Pauline Hanson all 0.1% of their vote has gone to Hanson. Along with her 1.8% of the primary vote plus a bit more from other fruit cakes she will be elected. Can't believe that with less than 2 people in a 100 voting for Hanson she gets in, unbelievable, they call it democracy!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 7:32:16 AM
Paul,

It's in the fine print, but she has to get a quota to get in and thats the way the preference system works.
However I do agree that the NSW system of voting above the line and allowing the parties to bargain or just throw away their preferences is wrong, as it negates the intentions of the system that was put there to record the genuine preferences of the voters; however I don't see anyof the parties favouring repeal.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 9:11:02 AM
Is Mise
It heartens me to know you and I finally agree on something see your last post. The latest counting for the LC is:
The final seat is currently in doubt and a contest between the third Greens candidate Jeremy Buckingham and Independent Pauline Hanson, with an outside chance for Labor's Andrew Ferguson.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 31 March 2011 7:32:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy