The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia racist again, oh dear!

Australia racist again, oh dear!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Here we go knocking the Americans again, how dare we. When I went to the US (Los Angeles - 1992 coincidently)

Now I saw absolutely no poverty or prejudice. Well not until I got off the plane. America is like our mums, "Don't pick at that scab", or are they walking through a mirror maze and seeing a distorted image of themselves.
Posted by Wybong, Wednesday, 6 January 2010 11:05:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I just had to comment again, damn you yanks your using up my allocation.

This would have to be the biggest concoction of tripe since the election of George Bush (There was 2, take your pick)

Any Australian reading this will already know what I mean, so this is for all the Americans who may be reading this.

Firstly, forget the racial connotations, or that it was KFC or who or where KFC originated. It was CRICKET, it's sacred.

But it is a perfect example of their ignorance, their belief that they are somehow superior at least on moral and social grounds then most other nations.

Their total lack of knowledge about the relationship between the West Indians and Australians, especially when it comes to cricket is only overshadowed by their inability to admit that most of the problems and prejudices in the world found their roots in the Good Ol US of A.

Maybe the Americans aren't the smartest kid in the school, but they are the biggest.

Reminds me of a joke.
Q: "What side of the street does a Hell's Angel walk down"
A: "Any side he wants to"
Posted by Wybong, Wednesday, 6 January 2010 11:31:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, I thought the thread might be about the young Indian bloke (or blokes since there have been a few incidents lately) - I feel so sad about it. Tragic waste of a young man's life; a loss for us all.

I know it isn't quite the right thing to do and that we'll probably never find out - but I would be most interested to know the ethnicity of the people doing those attacks on Indian students. I am wondering if the rash of attacks aren't the outcome of some sort of imported conflict from elsewhere. Does anyone know - have any perpetrators been caught and where do they hail from ?

I know that we have seen some disgraceful, cruel and racist comments even on this forum - but white Australians killing people just because they are non-Anglo would be a very unusual event. Also, we have many Aussies of Indian, Asian and whatever descent - I find it hard to believe that that sort of cowardly violence would be the norm amongst us.

Anyway whoever did it; I hope they are rounded up and cop the harshest penalties the law has to offer.

As for this nonsense about the KFC ad; apart from it having nothing whatsoever to do with anything beyond cricket biz - don't African-Americans eat KFC ? Just wonderin'.
Posted by Pynchme, Thursday, 7 January 2010 12:02:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With an open mind, heart, and ears, just spend a week watching fox news.
No more please, it is more than a human can stand.
It is home for a window not into the good in America.
And highlights such junk as this storey is.
Those anti Indian this? was this one?
It may well not be.
In a Sydney suberb other than Australian born did appear to be on one side of the event Indeans on the other.
In my view the same jinjoism/blind to others nationalism is aperent in some Indians that we are talking about in some Americans
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 7 January 2010 5:07:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The ad clearly isn't racist in an Australian context. I understand that it was screened during the recent Test against the West Indies, and its humour is all about cricket, not race.

Americans don't "get" cricket, and as others have pointed out are generally remarkably ignorant of the world beyond the USA. Hell, they probably wonder why there's so many 'black' people in Austria.

Mind you, I suspect that KFC's reputation (and sales) will ultimately suffer more from this storm in a chicken barrel than will Australia's international reputation - which isn't all that great on matters of race anyway.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 7 January 2010 6:15:40 AM
We don't have African Americans in Australia, which means there are no connotations with Fried Chicken and racism against them in Australia. Americans should realise that their cultural sensitivities are not the same as those in the rest of the world, it is typical US arrogance. Get over yourselves....Your cultural issues are yours and yours alone. You have the great history of racism and black slavery, Australia is based on white slavery and we have a very different way of looking at things.
Posted by sammyG, Thursday, 7 January 2010 9:16:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy