The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Child Sexual Abuse and questions from Barbara

Child Sexual Abuse and questions from Barbara

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Steel

It is not your opinion - I have often agreed with you on the Henson debate - it is the way you say it. Because you pillory certain groups of people you are actually alienating yourself from people who would otherwise be in total support of your opinion.

U-Sus, do you have anything to offer on this topic or are you just being Steel's little deputy like you are with Col Rouge. Please don't get all upset and threaten to leave - its just that I'd prefer to hear your opinion on this issue rather than you attempting to set up an "us and them" scenario.

All of which is a shame. This is a significant topic.

R0bert has raised a vital issue regarding the sexuality of children and how this is exploited by predatory adults.

Huff n Puff, please continue to tell us of your experiences, if it is any consolation, I find Graham Young's monitoring of this site rather fickle. Some people can get away with just about anything, and others can be deleted, apparently, on a whim.

Vanilla, remember that ALL feminists are part of the great conspiracy for universal domination and the elimination of all men - except for the cute ones :-P
Posted by Fractelle, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 6:41:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Vanilla,

As far as I can tell, the gang includes yourself, CJ, Fractelle, Romany and Foxy. Apologies if I've left anyone out. There is no need for any moderator, as you guys decide what is appropriate comment, and back each other to the hilt. Snide ridiculing of the people you all consider 'inferior' posters are allowed, and the angry rebuttal that ensues is further proof of these posters' failings. I agree with Steel, the use of capitals does make him sound like a raving lunatic, but the gang has decided he is ok, so steel is the A-hole. Though if HRS, or steel, or anyone who isn't sanctioned by the gang expressed themselves in a similar way, they would be put down with snide remarks and I find this pretty hypocritical.

The gang decides who gets the benefit of the doubt, who is deserving of sympathy whatever their manner, and who is just there to be ridiculed and put into line. As Fractelle has shown, it just doesn't do to be seen to be defending someone who the gang hasn't sanctioned. As it happens I don't defend Steel as I don't think what he said was necessary, I was trying to highlight the dynamics I have explained above.

Fractelle,

Ha, like you're CJ's little deputy. I think I did agree with Col once. Why did it hurt you so? Obviously Col isn't in the gang...

I do have stuff to add, but my opinion is worthless here because there is a general consensus from the gang that I have issues. Which is strange considering the gang is in it's element sympathising and sharing each others illness, depression and even warm and fuzzy feelings they have about things. All off topic, but that's allowed for the gang.

I know I should leave, and I try to, I really do, but I am so bored at work you see. The Henson thread I desperately wanted to post but stayed away. Lucky I did too, with people being labelled a paedophile left right and centre, and me being a sook and all.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 10:47:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Usual Suspect, that was weird and paranoid.

I guess what I just said now becomes an "attack" on you by the "gang".

By the way, did you notice that, in the Henson debate, Steel and I were the most strident defenders of Henson (and received much abuse), Foxy was anti-Henson, CJ was also pro-Henson, and Romany (who lives in China) didn't comment? Yes, a poster called Paul would have called you a pedo — I think he did all of us by the end. How did this constellation of opinions prevent you from commenting.

Steel is tough. He lays it on the rest of us tough, and I'm sure he can take it from others. However, if you feel he's been unfairly ganged up on (or if you feel you have), why not take it up with the moderator of the site.

The Forgotten Australians report is really important stuff. I really wish you would read it, so you could see why I am so passionate about it and about huffnpuff's plight. I don't care who agrees with me or who doesn't — I just think that it's easy to label people as mentally ill when they have actually been abused and/or badly-educated by employees of the government or of churches.

So why not read it, then make up your mind, rather than indulge in this playground who's-friends-with-who? debate?
Posted by Vanilla, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 11:19:04 AM
Vanilla,

Hey, you asked who the gang is. I know Steel doesn't need defending, and I wasn't defending him, I was merely appreciating his plight. It was a roll the eyes, here it comes comment. 'Hang in there'.

People's opinions on the Henson topic didn't deter me from posting. As I said, I'm trying to quit posting altogether, and the topic was very interesting to me and it was hard to keep to my resolution.

Anyway sorry to all for straying off topic.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 11:59:04 AM
OK,

On topic. Fractelle said 'R0bert has raised a vital issue regarding the sexuality of children and how this is exploited by predatory adults.
'

Why is it, that only men are seen as predatory. If a 15 year old guy makes advances at a 35 year old teacher, or the other way around, the attitudes are one of the following.
1. Great work mate nudge nudge.
2. Lucky guy
3. Wonderful for the guy. Every guy should have a mature woman to educate them on sensual lovin, the way only a mature woman can.

The reverse situation.
1. Disgusting dirty old man. Should be locked up.
2. The poor girl just wanted attention when she seduced him, and the dirty man took advantage.
3. This will scar her for life.

Twice I have seen by coincidence parralel stories of teenage student having sex with teacher, and both times the male got 5 times the sentence than the woman. One other occurance I remember the woman successfully got no jail time, as she said she was drunk and depressed. I know all cases are unique, but I really think there si a different attitude in society. Notice nobody was at all interested that Henson had naked pics of boys too.

Now the law is supposed to reflect societies values. So I say, lets lower the age of consent for boys to 13, and raise it for girls to 20.

Maybe then we could lessen that special hatred in society for young men as a result of them shagging societies daughters.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Wednesday, 11 June 2008 12:23:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy