The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Legalise all Drugs

Legalise all Drugs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I saw Howard on TV tonight complaining about the use of the term "Party drugs" when referring to illegal substances.

Surely that term is reserved exclusively for alcohol.

As Homer Simson said about alcohol - "the reason for, and the cure to, most of society's problems".

How can you ban some drugs and not others?
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 18 October 2007 1:05:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.masscann.org/PDF/case_for_legal.pdf

Most thorough, well-researched and well-argued case for the legalisation of drugs I've ever seen - all 28 pages of it!

It pretty much convinced me from my "sitting on the fence" position.
Posted by wizofaus, Thursday, 18 October 2007 9:19:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
steel... interesting statement you made. "The ideology" of Christianity has been used.....etc...

Care to elaborate on which part of the ideology was 'Christian' that you referred to ?

Is it not possible that evil people simply used the nearest available 'idea' to give legitimacy to their own carnal lusts for territory?
In the Spanish inquisition, can you show me how this was 'Christian' in the sense of it reflecting what Jesus taught and lived ? :)

DRUGS.... and other symptoms of decadence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Afghanistan

Imagine Gurgin's surprise and dismay when Mirwais returned to Kandahar shortly thereafter clothed in lustrous robes of honor, symbols of respect and trust. The Shah of Persia thus declared the influence of Mirwais, not Gurgin, at the Persian court. Mirwais had extricated himself from a very nasty situation but, more importantly, he had observed the depths of decay at Isfahan, much as Babur had observed it at Herat, and correctly determined that the Safavid Empire was on the brink of collapse.

Ok..its just a snippit of a quote from the History of Afghanistan, but it also tells us a story we can learn from.

It is found in the last sentence.Mirwais had determined that based on the DECAY of the Persian court was indicative of it's imminent collapse.

The drug issue is just one of many symptoms of our own utter decadence and increasing social, moral and spiritual decay.

The disease is not a law and order one,but a spiritual one. ALIENATION from our Creator is the source of the 'drug problem'.

Perhaps our best "medicine" is not to further open the gates for more of the same...but rather 'National Repentance'
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 19 October 2007 4:17:48 AM
David BOAZ: "Care to elaborate on which part of the ideology was 'Christian' that you referred to ?

Is it not possible that evil people simply used the nearest available 'idea' to give legitimacy to their own carnal lusts for territory?
In the Spanish inquisition, can you show me how this was 'Christian' in the sense of it reflecting what Jesus taught and lived ? :)"

I think you guessed the areas correctly and would *partially* agree with your point. But at the same time, when it comes to Islam, you place full blame on the religion, so that is a little inconsistent on your part.
Posted by Steel, Tuesday, 23 October 2007 11:50:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy