The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Asylum seekers: the uncertainty and the separation > Comments

Asylum seekers: the uncertainty and the separation : Comments

By Susan Metcalfe, published 22/10/2009

Australia should not be deliberately causing further harm to asylum seekers under any circumstances.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
These Tamils are notto be called "illegal immigrants" because that somehow robs them of their dignity and makes them a bad name.
OK
so they are not to be called "illegal immigrants" but they sure as hell ARE NOT ASYLUM SEEKERS! If they were running from persecution and genocide as some have claimed they would naturally flee to safety, to India which is a stone's throw away across the Palk Straits. The cultural and religious homeland of their origins, the State of Tamil Nadu, is in a state in southern India where they have friends and relatives. Why dont they go there?
Why risk life in the hands of unscrupulous snake heads and try crossing the most treaacherous expanse ofwater of the Bay of Bengal in leaky fragile boats ?
Think this one out seriously, guys. Does it mnake any sense?
Why not go to Tamil Nadu, their state of origin?
On Q&A I heard a Tamil woman deny that Tamil Nadu was their state of origin. So now they are willing to deny their heritage!! The lying so-and-so! I couldnt believe it!!I bet she has a couple on one of those boats.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Friday, 23 October 2009 8:04:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree the "Bleeding Hearts" are running the show.
A case in point, those on the Oceanic Viking are not immigrants of any
sort and are not the responsibility of the UN Refugee organisation
or the Australian Government.
They are on the Oceanic Viking as a result of a distress call and a
request by Indonesia for their rescue. They were in the Indonesian search and rescue zone.
The nearest vessel was the Oceanic Viking and they were picked up
under the Safety Of Life At Sea Treaty known as SOLAS.
Thats the proper way things work. Each party made the right decisions.

I too wonder why they did not go to Tamil Nardu.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 26 October 2009 1:47:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is crap can you not see that these tamils are attemtping to blackmail an entire country with the excuse " we will blow the boat up if we don't get permanent residency" THERE WAS AND IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HOWARDS PACIFIC SOLUTION.
Posted by Jack - AUSTRALIAN PATRIOT, Monday, 26 October 2009 2:15:09 PM
Patriot

I support the Howard policy entirely.
You are quite right,pal.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Monday, 26 October 2009 3:13:16 PM
Thanks the pacific solution did do a lot of good, it bolstered the fragile economy of Nauru. Not to mention Australia did not have to deal with immigrants.
Posted by Jack - AUSTRALIAN PATRIOT, Monday, 26 October 2009 3:20:02 PM
Jack

did you know that the LTTE owned and operated ship recently tried to enter Canada carrying illegal immigrants from Sri Lanka. What most Australians dont know is that the ship came crudely disguised as Ocean Lady. Its ogrinal name was Princess Eesarwary which was used to pick up arms and deliver them to the Tamil Tigers. Recently it called in to an Indian port, what its business was isnt clear but you bet it had something to do with Tamil Nadu the original homeland of all Tamils. The only ones the ship would be carrying would be important to the LTTE. I cant see them giving the poor and needy Tamils a free ride to Canada. Only those with high-up connections with the Talil Tigers would be able to be accepted. I mean the terrorists themselves.Their ship and crew! There is some deep and murky going-ons here. The LTTE has made no secret of the fact that the war isnt over. They intend to reorganise, recruit and re-arm. They raised enough overseas capital during the civil war to buy fighterbombers and guided bombs with which they bombed Colombo and sank a number of naval craft as well. They are experts in raising the money needed for their terrorist operations.

No one seems to have bothered contacting Dr Gunarathne resident of Singapore and world expert in international terrorism. When dealing with Islamist terror organizations the Govt was all over him asking help to combat them but have they contacted him re. the Tamil Tigers? Doesnt look like it.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Monday, 26 October 2009 5:08:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy