The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Money from nothing: supplying money should be a public service > Comments

Money from nothing: supplying money should be a public service : Comments

By James Robertson, published 6/7/2009

Allowing commercial banks to create our money inevitably causes frequent booms and busts.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. All
Absolutely right, daggett.

>>Those who go back over this thread will notice a good many of my arguments that Pericles has failed to acknowledge. He attempted to ridicule any suggestion of a conspiracy by bankers to murder Lincoln, ignoring the testimony of Bismarck. He also ignored the fact that two other Presidents, who since stood up to the bankers have also been murdered and he ignored Wilson's stated fear of the power of the banks.<<

Unlike you, I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

You, on the other hand, seem to live in a world where nothing happens unless there is a secret cabal of evil manipulators at work, subverting all civilization to their evil ends.

It's not healthy, you know.

You also have a very strange take on "alternative history"

>>let's not also forget that if Kennedy had lived, the money squandered on the Vietnam War and other military adventures would have been saved.<<

"Let's not forget" Kennedy's role in the escalation of the US involvement in Vietnam, eh?

"In 1961, the newly elected Kennedy Administration promised more aid and additional money, weapons, and supplies were sent with little effect. Discussions then began in Washington regarding the need to force a regime change in Saigon. This was accomplished on November 2, 1963, when the CIA aided a group of ARVN officers to overthrow Diem. To help deal with the post-coup chaos, Kennedy increased the number of US advisors in South Vietnam to 16,000"

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/vietnamwar/a/VietnamOrigins_2.htm

It helps, when you make these ridiculous claims, to at least get some of the basic facts right.

But you prefer to rely on your imagination, I guess.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 10:12:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles wrote, "Unlike you, I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories."

Yes, you have already said that. But what does that add to this discussion?

What is " [not] subscribe to conspiracy theories" supposed to mean?

Does that mean that you believe that conspiracies somehow defy the laws of nature and never happen, even when many credible authorities and, often, the laws of physics applied to observed events (such as JFK's head jolting back towards the direction in which the fatal shot was allegedly fired by Oswald instead of away) suggest that they do?

Pericles wrote, "You, on the other hand, seem to live in a world where nothing happens unless there is a secret cabal of evil manipulators at work, subverting all civilization to their evil ends."

What have I said that makes you think that?

I have shown that the outcome of a large number of critical turning points in our history have, in all probability, been determined by conspiracies. However, I have never suggested that absolutely everything is.

Pericles ranted "Let's not forget" Kennedy's role in the escalation of the US involvement in Vietnam, eh? ..."

"'In 1961, the newly elected Kennedy Administration promised ... Discussions ... November 2, 1963'"

This is so simple-minded that it barely deserves a response.

This assumes that:

1. Everything was fixed in concrete from 1961 onwards.

2. Kennedy was in total control that everything the military and the CIA did at all times.

We, know, for a fact, that Kennedy was not totally in control of the military and intelligence agencies at all times. At many critical times, the military acted contrary to his wishes. On many occasions, when he was able to exercise his authority, he did, as, for example, when he refused to provide air cover for the Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba and when he closed down the US military's Operation Northwoods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods) plans to stage 'false flag' assassinations of US citizens and highjackings that were to be blamed on Cuba.

The evidence is conclusive that Kennedy planned to withdraw US forces from Vietnam.

His murder changed that.
Posted by daggett, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 3:09:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your incoherent burbling hardly warrants the time expended on a response, daggett.

You are a dyed-in-the wool, one-eyed, full-on dedicated conspiracy theorist, with little of any importance or relevance to bring to an intelligent debate on any topic, as evidenced by this latest post of yours.

I'll simply let it speak for itself, with a quiet QED.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 3:59:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles wrote "I'll simply let it speak for itself, ..."

Thank you, Pericles.

Bye.

---

One correction:

"such as JFK's head jolting back towards the direction in which the fatal shot was allegedly fired by Oswald instead of away"

... should have been:

"such as JFK's head jolting back towards the direction from which the fatal shot was allegedly fired by Oswald instead of away"

(i.e "the direction from which" and not "the direction in which").
Posted by daggett, Saturday, 22 August 2009 1:57:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
duggit i havnt been following the debait for a while...but thankfully per-ridicules has given some response...meaning it keeps moving as a topic

anyhow caeser's murder was by the money changers...he dared mint coin with his head on it...built colloseums galore intrest free...with his gold/silver/copper coin...but cutting out the money changers results in sure death...as with jfk..lincon and a few others

there are links too with 911...there was a massive reserve of gold suposed to be held on the site...what is little discussed is that the gold wernt there...see they leased it out[at 44 bucks44 cents per oz]...this west german gold was being asked for return...the collapse of the towers ended that[but gold dont get destroyed in fire]lol...never the less it has never been recovered

the links to 911 are extensive[the enron evidence was held there for egsample...and with the destruction of the evidence...no case to answer...gwbusches brother run the security at the buildings...there was 2 billion of astbestos to be removed[a contract term which gave cheap lease...that was insured specificlly for act of terror[via israel insurors]6 weeks before the towers fell down..from a few spot fires[recently a chines building of simulat type burned fircly for two days [and diddnt fall down

its amasing what a little theremite..planted over a weekend a few days before...can do...the money changers greates hour...the israel insuror pays off..[all the under writers must too]..and yet another money changer..of sematic overcast..walks away with billions..[and eventually a 50 year lease on new buildings]

yes not everything is conspiricy...but there is a lot of gold hungry types who will bribe or murder to get into power[look only as far as what is laughingly called marfiosa]...but im over explaining...enjoy your stick with it ness..[and your foil..[and mine]as well peridicule's
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 22 August 2009 7:13:35 AM
one under god,

To the contrary, I think the participation of the likes of per-ridicules in this discussion has not served to move the topic on, rather it has held it back.

On OLO and other forums, one is often tempted to allow disinformation or various debaters' tricks and attempts at obfuscation to go unchallenged, in order to be able attend to other priorities. Often I choose not too. The result can be extremely lengthy debates, such as the aforementioned debate on 9/11 at http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=2166&page=83 and, to a lesser, extent this debate.

Then, of course, those who caused the prolongation of the debate by their dishonesty, or their co-thinkers, will often try to use that very length of the debate as claimed evidence of their opponent's obsessiveness, but, of course, never daring to address the actual arguments put by me.

However, whilst some attempt to depict this as a vice, others including yourself and the legendary Erin Brockovich (see http://www.brockovich.com), who was played by Julia Roberts in that famous movie, and who is now in this country, have held stick-to-it-ive-ness to be a virtue, so, thank you.

---

To those pondering the meaning of QED, it is shorthand for the Latin Quod Erat Demonstrandum which means "Which was to be demonstrated."

In fact, I think I have demonstrated nearly all that I have claimed in this discussion.

As just one example, I have demonstrated that a number of US Presidents - Lincoln, Garfield and Kennedy, who have stood up to the sectional greedy interests of bankers have been murdered, and that others in US history who have stood up to the bankers have also mysteriously lost their lives. I have shown that credible authorities, such as Bismarck have held the banks responsible for Lincoln's murder.

Pericles has completely failed to acknowledge or respond to these points.

---

What you write of gold in the WTC is very interesting. Of course, the information can't be used effectively until such time as the authoritative source for that information is produced.

There can be no doubt that, as well as the obvious (tobecontiuned)
Posted by daggett, Saturday, 22 August 2009 12:01:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. 25
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy