The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Big government not so smart > Comments

Big government not so smart : Comments

By Oliver Hartwich, published 26/5/2009

When governments simply throw money at problems it does not necessarily solve them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Wing Ah Ling

From what I see at the bottom of the economy (BOE), people NEED money to buy goods to survive. I want money to buy a car that manufacturers want to sell, but guess what, I do not have enough cash to buy a new car and I will never get caught up in the credit system again.

I think when people at the BOE do buy something, they dont even think about the person doing the selling, unless for example a huge profit is involved.

This is not about a license to print money or poor people always poor because they always spend. The world money crisis I see is about a shortage of available cash people need to buy, to consume, to create employment and wages. It's not happening as it should be due to a shortage of cash and credit at the BOE where the majority of people are.

People at the BOE generally can not obtain credit, lucky for them perhaps because they don't have to spend their lives working to pay interest.

So a situation exists where a real majority of potential consumers lack cash or credit and therefore are unable to participate in the economy.

I think big government is still saying populate to create wealth, stupid really. The people are already there but are unable to spend. This seems why China with her billion plus is not by far the wealthiest country.

You appear Chinese. China has long experience with money. Marco Polo took paper notes back to Europe but it was not until 400 years later that Europeans learned how to value and use paper currency.

Now credit is the unknown. Credit should not be forced on us either. Many people absolutely need CASH even to pay credit interest but there is not enough in circulation worldwide. This is not about redistribution. This is about increased demand due to increased population and inflation. Impact of world natural food resource devastation and resulting inflation is not yet seen and understood.

What is the impact of world natural food resource devastation?
Posted by JF Aus, Tuesday, 9 June 2009 7:15:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy