The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What's wrong with 'Islamophobia' > Comments

What's wrong with 'Islamophobia' : Comments

By Nick Haslam, published 23/12/2008

Prejudice flourishes among people who are cold, callous, inflexible, closed-minded and conventional.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33
  13. 34
  14. 35
  15. All
A shrewd perception at work in this "Horus"? Less a false god, more a victim of falsehoods.

Hardly surprising, because drill into Horus' perceptions and one finds gullibility in the face of proven falsehoods. The most conspicuous is where Horus plays into the fake OLO commentator and amateurish, pampered crypto-racist and degenerate liberalist "Proud to be Indonesian" (PTBI). Check out the very simple lie that is PTBI and the deliberate "culture war" covertness it represents, however slapstick and undisciplined its execution. At once a condemnation of this country's class and education systems.

Fot that interesting and amusing case of "culture warrior" trolling, see: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=5978&page=0#84132 , http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=5900&page=0#82122 and http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=5162#63159.

First Tony Kevin, then myself (in more explained detail, then - finally and perhaps more exasperated - Bruce Haigh.

People like Horus believe such caricatures because they want to believe them, against the evidence.
Posted by mil-observer, Saturday, 31 January 2009 7:03:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So what are you trying to tell us Mil-house, you’re really PTBI?
Naaah! I don’t believe that, PTBI has too much class for you.

I suggest you start reading a little more widely than the Protocols of Zion (Manga edition!) and you’re ‘evidence’ may become a bit more believable.
Posted by Horus, Sunday, 1 February 2009 6:46:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Go slap the same filth onto Kevin and Haigh then, if you can resist the reflex to doff your hat and bow - or would that be just a short nod instead?

Another fake "leftist" is it?
Posted by mil-observer, Sunday, 1 February 2009 7:20:49 AM
Mil-observe wrote, "I urge you to be careful identifying the 'muslim tribes' you describe vaguely as some threat."

If the people of a number of European countries face the prospect of becoming a minority in their own countries as many demographers are predicting (and some are welcoming) then why shouldn't they feel threatened?

Why is that any less a threat to the people of Europe than, say, Indonesian transmigration is to the West Papuans, Han Chinese settlement to the Tibetans, or Jewish settlement in Palestine in the 1930's and 1940's to the Palestinians, European settlement in the Americas to native Americans, European settlement in Australia to the Australian Aborigines, etc.?

I don't see why we need to be any more 'careful' about raising the issue of settlement by large numbers of Africans and Middle Eastern people in Europe than any of the above.

Surely, it is the democratic right of people in every country to decide who and how many of which type of people should be allowed to settle amongst them.

---

Obviously, many who oppose large scale Islamic migration to Europe are willing to believe anything said against Muslims, including the lie that they were the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks, the London Tube bombings and the Madrid train bombings.

Similarly many who rightly reject these lies and oppose the fraudulent "war on terror" tend not to question high immigration of Islamic people into Europe.

For my part, I don't see why one conclusion necessarily follows from the other or vice versa.
Posted by daggett, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 9:57:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"If the people of a number of European countries face the prospect of becoming a minority in their own countries as many demographers are predicting (and some are welcoming) then why shouldn't they feel threatened?"

A "minority" of what? "People"? I'm really sick of these racial and religious distinctions and their assumptions of some innate human tendency towards apartheid. It's a self-fulfilling prophesy. Speak for yourself about feeling "threatened" by such a prospect. But you should feel embarrassed, if not ashamed.

The main reason for higher immigration from such areas is because western countries are degenerate i.e., they have aged much faster than they are able or willing to reproduce. If the west follows Malthusian poison then they will degenerate much worse still. Migration simply meets the demand for labor (typically menial to feed both the aged and the parasites of finance and real estate speculation), though many of my migrant friends (including Muslims and others) are disillusioned if not shocked when they see just what they've landed themselves into here.
Posted by mil-observer, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 11:02:44 AM
mil-observer I note that you have dodged much of my last post.

mil-observer wrote, "A 'minority' of what? 'People'? I'm really sick of these racial and religious distinctions and their assumptions of some innate human tendency towards apartheid. It's a self-fulfilling prophesy."

Cultural differences were or are important to Palestinians facing a Jewish in the 1930's and 1940's. They are important today to West Papuans, East Timorese, Tibetans etc, as I mentioned above.

Why any less so for Europeans?

I think for decades politically correct people in Australia, including myself, have been trying to pretend that cultural differences aren't important, buthave found them impossible to ignore. An obvious example is attitudes to women.

A once politically correct female acquaintance who lived in the same street as I lived in until 1992 in Auburn NSW - a suburb of Sydney that has in recent decades been demographically overwhelmed largely with people from the middle east - moved out in 1997 because she could not cope with the attitude of local middle eastern men. She told me, that, if one lived in Balmain and could frequent the local coffee shops without being accosted by sexist Arabic males, then one tended to have an entirely different attitude to becoming a member of a cultural minority.

mil-observer wrote, "Migration simply meets the demand for labor (typically menial to feed both the aged and the parasites of finance and real estate speculation), ..."

This statement is an example of how population growth pushers fail to follow their own arguments to their own logical conclusions.

Who is going to feed the current wave of immigrants when they grow old. Will yet more immigrants need to be brought in to feed them? And who will feed them?

But if you have the view that there are no limits to the human carrying capacity of Europe then I guess you won't see a problem, will you?

However, even the rabidly pro-population growth Courier Mail newspaper seems to have conceded that the carrying capacity of England has been exceeded even if you fail to:

(tobecontinued)
Posted by daggett, Wednesday, 18 February 2009 11:04:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33