The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why is child abuse an accepted norm in Australia? > Comments

Why is child abuse an accepted norm in Australia? : Comments

By Chris James, published 22/10/2008

The tendency to keep children with abusive parents suggests children are the property of their parents.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Lama : You are quite right. We should have responded to Huffnpuff. I could not find the words to express my empathy and outrage at the maltreatment. I am so sorry.

There does seem to be some sort of conspiracy to endorse or condone child abuse. I'd hate to think that it is intentional, but the effect is the same.

I am trying to have my case for contact with my grandchildren reopened. Attempts by my new solicitor to renegotiate informally have failed. The first senior barrister in the nearest Capital city who was approached was reluctant to be briefed by my present solicitor. The main reason given is that I have complained about the previous legal team to the Legal Services Commissioner. I had multiple grounds for this complaint. I believe that it is being taken seriously.

However another barrister has agreed to briefed, to meet with me, and give an opinion on the likelihood of an improved result at another hearing.
Posted by Valarie, Sunday, 9 November 2008 4:15:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JUSTICE FOR KIDS. I keep thinking of your wise words of 31 August on Sunita's Forum. You said that I was about to enter "a kind of hell". Thank goodness you warned me. The Family Court seems to have no control over those who work within it.

CHILDADVOCATE - On 31 August also on Sunita's Forum, you described the Family Court process as simply " a cartel of lawyers, public servants and experts"... This is so true, but I now have an exceptional lawyer who is acting in my interests and that of my grandchildren. A senior barrister has agreed to be briefed with a view to reopening the case. The financial cost is great, but there is hope.

This hope is the result of pure chance. The new solicitor has a high profile and speaks out publicly in the general public interest. This led my contacting that person.

But, please see my previous posting of today (9 November).
Posted by Valarie, Sunday, 9 November 2008 4:45:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy