The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > No smoking hot spot > Comments

No smoking hot spot : Comments

By David Evans, published 22/7/2008

There has not been a public debate about the causes of global warming: most are not aware of the most basic salient facts.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. All
Q&A is now switching to a different issue altogether .... sustainability rather than alarmist global warming. This is where he gets his 1 + 1 + propaganda tricks = 3 i.e. delusion or is it really a degenerate return to a pre-Copernican belief in belief control system based on an ignorance of the natural world, superstitions, myths, folklores, fables, and any number of confused historical and geological events.

One question then, Q&A .... Have you been told from on high, your CO2 quota? If not then why not?
Posted by Keiran, Friday, 1 August 2008 3:48:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
R . I . P .
Posted by Q&A, Friday, 1 August 2008 11:18:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have read with great interest above posts .. clearly I am tiptoeing into a minefield with two opposing parties. I can't help but think you are all so focused on the minutae - measurements, hotspots etc., that you are missing the bigger, and somewhat more obvious, picture. The issue is not so much what we are putting back into the environment, but rather what we are taking out. We cannot continue to denude and rape our earth and not expect at least a murmur of protest. Obviously, I am not a scientist nor am I a tree hugging greenie. But I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. A chef knows that it is the juices of the meat that is the foundation for a great gravy. A teacher recognises the implications of early education on developing aptitude. A builder .. well, hopefully you get the point. No, Mr Rudd, it is not Australia's mandate to develop a "clean coal" program .. rather it is OUR mandate, every individual, to work towards developing and embracing a clean, efficient energy alternative that neither depletes nor poisons our environment.
Posted by el starr, Monday, 18 August 2008 8:47:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy