The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A fields day for the morally bankrupt conservatives > Comments

A fields day for the morally bankrupt conservatives : Comments

By Ryan Al-Natour, published 22/10/2007

Were the Macquarie Fields riots because of the criminal actions of residents or the result of years of social disadvantage?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
This forum has transformed from a discussion regarding the Macquarie Fields riots to Col Rouge’s personal achievements. Apart from firing out sarcasm which easily backfires, Col Rouge has bravely taken the road to stupidity, particularly through: ‘Disadvantaged communities” might exist, in a minority context, not because they include some folk with illnesses or disabilities but because they house the shiftless and indolent, the lazy and parasitic’

With the resurrection of oppressive stereotypes, the rationality of Col Rouge’s comment is based on ignorance. The strict criteria for public housing in NSW cater predominately for disadvantaged families who have been affected by serious illnesses or circumstances.

This forum has become an opportunity for you to boast about your own achievements in an attempt to verbally beat up lower class communities. At the end of the day not everyone has the opportunity to gain such achievements due to their circumstances – whether it concerns factors such as medical conditions, geographical location, or accessibility to services. To deny these factors in assessing individual capability and lower class positions would only demonstrate an incapability to acknowledge that other people have different life experiences.

Further I would appreciate it if you examined the argument and replied to it properly, rather than searched for pathetic, desperate measures of calling me a ‘wally’ – which is a poor reflection on your own abilities to discuss social problems respectfully. Then again, considering the verbal filth you have posted on previous comments, perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised.

Nonetheless - Thank you for your comment
Posted by RJA, Saturday, 17 November 2007 2:38:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RJA your all encompassing excuse

“At the end of the day not everyone has the opportunity to gain such achievements due to their circumstances – whether it concerns factors such as medical conditions, geographical location, or accessibility to services.”

We can all choose, to stay where we are or move.

Without wishing to “boast”, I deliberately chose to “move” to where I thought I could find a better quality of life.

Making such a move is painful (socially and in terms of family ties), comes at a price of severe disruption to ones life and of course tangible “risk” but millions of people choose to do it every year.

As For “boast about your own achievements”

If that is your response to my comment “self-knowledge includes recognising that I am not so “special” as to believe that most other people could apply themselves and achieve similar to myself.”

You are doomed to the ignominy of self defeat through apathy.

You have failed to challenge my opinion, so you have moved from the objective to a subjective flanking maneuver, by claiming I am "boasting" about who and what I have done.

I have said nothing of what I have "done".

I have attempted to suggest what values I have deployed though out my life and what I have passed on to my children – being “self-knowledge”

I would note I commented in the same sentence “I am not so “special” as to believe that most other people could apply themselves”

It is a shame you have neither the wit nor attitude to find “self knowledge”, you would find greater “satisfaction” from what must be a miserable sub-existence.
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 17 November 2007 3:24:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col Rouge, as you continue your road to stupidity it seems that instead of returning to the topic area and examining the factors of poverty one by one which I successfully articulated, you have decided to continue boasting about your own successes as the basis of your argument – instead of perhaps consulting sources which concern other peoples experiences. I am not here to challenge your own experiences and I will have to break it to you that it has nothing to do with the topic area of this forum – which you forgetfully seem to stay on track.

Though it is nice of you to consider examining my post rather than throwing names at me, also, you have decided to contradict yourself.

‘I have said nothing of what I have "done"’

Yet other posts have revealed the following

‘I am the son of a UK railway worker.

The only “advantage” I received was the insistence by my parents that I do something with my life, rather than waste it.

Who I am today might not comply with your sense of levelled indifference. That I decided not to remain in the place which life placed me is entirely my choice’

‘I, presently, drive 50+k each way, each work day to different clients during the week’

Whilst your sarcasm continues to backfire it might help if you re-read your posts so you don’t find yourself contradicting yourself
Posted by RJA, Saturday, 17 November 2007 6:44:39 PM
Oh your driveling piffle, let us dissect your claims to my supposed “boasting”

“I am the son of a UK railway worker.”

That is not something I have “done”, it is something which describes who my father was and my parentage, in UK in a household of very modest means.

“The only “advantage” I received was the insistence by my parents that I do something with my life, rather than waste it.”

Not something which I have “done” but what was done by my parents.

I admit I did “migrate”, along with which millions of other Australians or their parents or grandparents which formed this nation.

I waited in line, like many others have before and since.

“‘I, presently, drive 50+k each way, each work day to different clients during the week”

That simply illustrates an attitude of flexibility, instead of an expectation for things to be handed to me on a plate or by the state.

However, people do not employ me to drive. What they employ me to “do”, I have made no mention of here.

So I suggest you run away and hand out soup to the dole cheats and scumbuckets who you are so ardently defending, despite their own indifference to what is in their own best interests. Maybe they will fill your need for “validation” in some way which you will never get from trying to argue with me.

And if you think I have been “sarcastic” in the past, well, bring it all on, I have barely warmed up.
Posted by Col Rouge, Tuesday, 20 November 2007 7:47:28 AM
Even in dissecting claims you have contradicted yourself and have still maintained to stay away from the main topic area. If your main desires are to be sarcastic and talk about your own experiences as evidence that lower class communities are somehow criminal, and you have ‘barely warmed up’, then continue on – I’m sure it will all back fire as it usually does.

To be honest I am not interested in your own achievements or what you have done in the past, or what you have been taught. This is a forum to discuss the Macquarie Fields ‘Riots’. Please get back to discussing the topic area as I enjoy destroying the pityful, pathetic and rather humourous arguments you put forward

‘So I suggest you run away’

Unfortunately for you, that won’t be happening.

I look forward to your next entertainingly pathetic post
Posted by RJA, Saturday, 24 November 2007 2:06:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy