The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor’s IR policy creates a dangerous apartheid > Comments

Labor’s IR policy creates a dangerous apartheid : Comments

By Felicity McMahon, published 3/9/2007

Labor’s industrial relations plan destroys choice and removes returns for hard work.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Great work of fiction, well done.
Posted by Lang Mack, Monday, 3 September 2007 5:01:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Communicat, while I share your frustration at the dearth of reasoned debate, I'm afraid that when anybody comes out with something so overblown and one-eyed to begin with, well, they can expect a response in kind!

Felicity has done the equivalent of getting up on open mic night at the stand-up comedy club. The response is predictable.

And on that note, here's my tomatoes:

Instead of choosing to be a Liberal Party propagandist, it's a pity that Felicity didn't follow the good example of my step-sister, who put her prestigious Tara education to better use by opening a pole-dancing studio.

Had she done so, Felicity would have found that the money is cleaner, the work more satisfying, and the profession much more respectable than the one she has chosen.
Posted by Mercurius, Monday, 3 September 2007 5:04:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The article makes a lot of sense.
Posted by baldpaul, Monday, 3 September 2007 5:26:18 PM
Communicat, interesting I should find myself knowing that what you say may be true, my life says it is so.
I like many others have met good people a lot of whom perhaps are immigrants. or have other "disabilities", like can't express them selves well. This is the area that most concerns me with your post, I was an employer and found that a limit set thru circumstance has great variety.
Empathy, compassion has little reward in a profit motivated society so we need to protect the vulnerable.
These base objectives are a fair society, makes who we are. No one suffers, smarts do what they has always done, do better.
fluff4fairness.
Posted by fluff4, Monday, 3 September 2007 5:35:31 PM
Well i dont care for either labor or liberal.

How did we get here, by the blind obsesion of voting for a party and not someone who will stand up for you or the electorate.

These party's have only one goal themselves.

Oh and greg combet has said that awa's are good.
You will also find that dear ole ruddy has been saying to make sure awa's are right for five years,realy looking after the workers.

Just like before the state elction , i was emailing unions,newspapers,radio and tv and did they care that the public transport system was going to be privatised, no .

This tells who they are their for and that is to either get liberals in or get labor in and all you are to them is the $2.40 that they will get when they get 4% of the primary vote, nothing more.

With me running as an independent i couldnt give a rats about the money, i am running for what is important and thats the people.

Stuart Ulrich
Independent Candidate for Charlton
Posted by tapp, Monday, 3 September 2007 5:46:36 PM
As an old cockie who never worked for anyone much except his slave-driving old-man as a kid, often heard talk about the boss always having the big-end of the stick as far as choice was concerned.

Now it seems with unions neutered the boss really has got back the big end of the stick, with work choices really not having any guarantee except pure faith in someone's master that the choice can be guaranteed.

So thus the question now is, what has happened to arbitration, part of a country's law system in a democracy that a worker at least can appeal to with unions now being regarded by the growing corporate culture as just unnecessary human garbage.

Certainly it seems that with today's employer-employee relations, decency and democracy have been chucked out the window and replaced by a faith that long ago was replaced by intelligent reasoning anyhow.
Posted by bushbred, Monday, 3 September 2007 5:56:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All