The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Green hypocrisy and environmental vandalism > Comments

Green hypocrisy and environmental vandalism : Comments

By Max Rheese, published 15/3/2007

Native vegetation legislation introduced in 2003 has effectively eroded the property rights of many western NSW farmers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
At least Spider's consistent: another wildly inaccurate rant, unsupported by any evidence whatsoever.

Spider: "The Greens always call for an open floodgate to take in third world refugees. They never hide it. Just because they don't put it up doesn't mean they aren't for it."

Um... if they "don't put it up" as you say, how do you know about it? Nearest I can find is a media release from Lee Rhiannon opposing loopy old Fred Nile's dog-whistling call to ban immigration of Muslims. Nothing at all about "open floodgates".

Spider: "With the Greens having such an open door policy to all drugs including ICE, only mass devastation of society will eventuate."

This bears no resemblance at all to the NSW Greens' actual drug policy, which states:

"The Greens do not support drug use and our policy does not condone people using the new drug known as 'ice'. The Greens policy supports criminal penalties for the big dealers and suppliers of drugs.

The major parties' policies have failed to prevent the growth in 'ice' use, dependency and addiction. There are now more than 37,000 regular methamphetamine users and 28,000 dependent methamphetamine users in NSW* and the number is growing rapidly. Prohibition has failed to protect the lives of young people."

http://nsw.greens.org.au/campaigns/the-facts-on-the-greens-drugs-policy

One wonders if Spider has even looked at the Greens' actual policy on this and other issues. As for Spider's probably defamatory claims about the QUT Student Guild, they might be actionable if the person who made them had any credibility whatsoever. Clearly, given her/his wilful disregard for the truth when making wild claims about the Greens, Spider has absolutely none of that.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 21 March 2007 8:40:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ, my remarks about the Student Guild when controlled by the Greens are factual. I've never seen so many elected members resign from disgust at the way the executive run the show.

Students just ignored the silliness of the guild when run by Young Labor but were publicly angry at the Greens.

As I said, I don't care what their website cares, I follow what they say and what Greens propaganda comes to my letterbox. The Greens are just another party full of closet communists who have no ideals on preserving the freedoms they chant about.

I love how the Greens classify any criticism as angry ranting by people of no standing. Nice try. If the Greens really were serious, they would be pushing for Debnam to be elected and support Howard as they have and want to do more for the environment than the ALP has ever had.
Posted by Spider, Thursday, 22 March 2007 10:04:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not that there's much point in responding to the idiotic Spider's posts, but one last time:

If you can support your claims with evidence, please do. If not, any reasonable observer would have to conclude that you're just another anti-Green nutter who just spouts indefensible bulldust.

In other words - put up or shut up.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 22 March 2007 9:10:17 PM
CJ Morgan, your angry responses and diversions is typical of the ALP and the Watermelons. Oops, I meant to say, The Greens.
Posted by Spider, Saturday, 24 March 2007 11:46:28 PM
Yet another well-argued contribution from Spider, supported by her/his usual mountain of verifiable evidence!
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 25 March 2007 9:12:20 AM
I'm sure that calling the Greens 'Watermelons' is defamatory.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 25 March 2007 9:46:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy