The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bigots shield behind conservative facade > Comments

Bigots shield behind conservative facade : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 12/3/2007

Liberty and xenophobia don't make comfortable bedfellows.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. Page 37
  10. 38
  11. All
All too often we see in this forum that the most vigorous expressions of tendentious views come from posters who hide behind the cowardly cloak of anonymity. In the case of 'Stephany', who claims to be a bona fide researcher rather than another Islamophobic ratbag, there seems to me to be little valid reason for declining Irfan's quite reasonable request to come clean.

Agree with him or not, Irfan regularly displays the courage of his convictions by publishing articles and posting comments here under his real name. 'Stephany', on the other hand, like several other prolific Islamophobes who post here, does nothing for his/her credibility by refusing to identify themselves and the interest groups with which they are associated.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 9:16:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Irfan posted, “…I have work to do and a real life to live. Adios, amigos!”
Thought you left for good. So you’re a liar after all and don't mean what you have said. Welcome back.
Posted by Philip Tang, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 10:59:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Irfan,

It is tragic you still cannot get your facts right.

No one here (except you) had written : "Do you think Muslims are genetically programmed to hate Jews?"

Stephany merely corrected you by saying << Leave out "genetically"...>>

She also provided an example that this kind of fraudulent comment was made by another Muslim (Iranian Political Analyst Majid Goudarzi), against the Jews !!

It's not hard, check out previous postings on this thread. Then retract your accusations !!

Your failure to retract may be seen by some that a moderate Muslim is prepared to tell lies like Majid Goudarzi. This may be not very far from liers like Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (who is also a holocaust denier). Sheik Hilaly has moved closer to the Iranians. Who will follow next?

CJ Morgan,
Pretending to be an umpire, are you?
You obviously cannot pick out a lie even if the deception is staring you in the face.
All you need is someone to display a courage of convictions, never mind whether truth or not.
It is not courage, cowardice or anonymity that is the issue here, stupid.
Posted by GZ Tan, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 12:39:56 PM
200 post on the only thing proven is that bigots by definition do not require the shielding of a conservative facade. You were totally wrong Irfan. Rewrite the article and call it "Bigots will find any excuse to voice their intolerance and prejudices."
Like Martha Stewart tells us. "That's a good thing". It lets every community know where their work is cut out for them. I should very much like to see all peoples regardless of religious or political beliefs stand up for what is right, proper and just. We are having our communities stolen from us by the fear merchants and those who push racial ghettos in the name of multiculturalism, instead of promoting "national" integration.
Posted by aqvarivs, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 2:01:04 PM
Irfan,

I have never asked you to comment on our research. Therefore I am under no obligation to show you anything.

All I asked for are your comments about antisemitism in the Umma. You responded with:

"Stephany, I cannot answer this question because I simply have not done enough research or travelled enough among Muslims."

I do not find this a credible answer. I doubt many people do.

You then go on and on about the number of Muslims in the world.

Question for Irfan.

If there were 1.2 million Muslims instead of 1.2 billion, how many people would be interested in Islam anyway?

It is only because there are so many Muslims that Islam is going to play an important role in shaping the future of the world while (say) Judaism is not. That's why we're having this discussion. That's why Islam and the attitudes of Muslims are so important. Kafirs like me want to know what we're in for.

For example, how will the increasing number of Australian Muslim voters use their ballot power? What concessions will parties make to gain the Muslim vote?

In Australia the rise of a major Islamist party is unlikely; but in some European countries with a proportional representation voting system, Islamist parties may end up holding the balance of power in legislatures. What price will such parties exact for joining a coalition?

You see, Irfan, we already know there are a lot of Muslims. No need to keep repeating that. Unless, of course, you mean it as a threat.

Who am I really? What is my "secret identity?" LOL

Good news, Irfan.

One of the reasons I'm posting here and in other fora is because I want to gain a feel for the "blogosphere." I'm planning on setting up my own website.

So stick around and all will be revealed.

LOL

While I intend to reveal my identity, I defend the right of others to refrain from doing so. OLO allows anonymous comment. If you don't like it don't post here or try to get OLO to change their policy.
Posted by Stephany, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 5:16:30 PM
Hell, its starting to sound like a fascist convention with overtones of the religious looney right. Well, you can rant, rave and insult but whether you like or not, the author and the Muslim community are here and here to stay. They will add to and change our culture for the better and hopefully will show more tolerance to the next wave of people with a cultural difference, than they have been shown.
What a shameful exhibition of bigotry and racism.
Posted by Netab, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 6:16:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. Page 37
  10. 38
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy