The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Home ownership - dark side of the boom > Comments

Home ownership - dark side of the boom : Comments

By Kim Carr, published 1/11/2006

It’s official - home ownership is less affordable than it has ever been before.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
There is no dishonesty Col. Sure, there is elements of pure fascism of which most people do not have a true understanding of. It's not about dictatorship. It's actually about putting the control of oneself back into their hands and not the governments. This is also Libertarian to use that word.

Name of organisation...when the timing is right, people will put themselves forward, not when the liberalists want it. It is actually the liberalists who are taking away the freedoms, not us. Look at the European Union. This is exactly what Nepolean and Hitler strived for. The EU is the same but without a single shot fired.

I admit to tribalism, I admit to some ideals of anarchy but most of all, I admit to values of freedoms which people are tossing away today.
Posted by Spider, Wednesday, 8 November 2006 11:53:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Realist, it is not about intergenerational jealousy but openly questioning policies that exist today, practices that exist today. This leads to an attack of the Baby Boomers as it is this generation which is the voting block, those who write the laws.

I agree that there is a problem with materialism. I personally only believe in taking and using what you need. I will admit to not being heavily involved with this now. I have withdrawn a fair bit and more taken a back seat as I have other things to do which must take priority.

Looking past the hysterical propaganda, it is the current of elites that are rapidly removing freedoms, liberties and more. Who would have thought Australia fought in two world wars and more just so governments would make it illegal for a comedian to poke fun at them?
Posted by Spider, Thursday, 9 November 2006 12:04:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did anyone miss that the recent 10% fall in Sydney house prices was coincident with a drop in the population growth rate?

Let's see if all the sky will fall predictions of economic catastrophe resultant from a stabilising population come to pass. The unfounded alarmism coming from population growth proponents makes global warming groupies look very conservative in comparison.
Posted by Fester, Thursday, 9 November 2006 9:37:39 PM
Spider “I admit to tribalism, I admit to some ideals of anarchy but most of all, I admit to values of freedoms which people are tossing away today.”

I do not care about “tribalism”. That is a trendy colloquial for “nationalism”, the elitism and exclusivism from which people believe they are better than others and noting it has nothing to do with national sovereignty, which infers “identity” without “exclusivity”.

“Anarchy” is simply an excuse for a fight looking for a problem, it offers no future, only debasement of the present and destruction of the past.
It has as much to contribute to human development as a riot in the stand has to a football game – viz, it is invariably a consequence of the frustration of those who can only watch with the actions of those who do.

“Values of freedom which people are tossing away”.

Despite my requests for more information, you have deliberately evaded identifying what you would propose and what organization you support, you know, the one which is formulating all these policies which you are unable to elaborate on (which would suggest, by definition, it cannot be a genuine “anarchist” cause).

“Values of Freedom” are defended from being “tossed away” by knowing who and what one is dealing with. Your evasiveness leads me to the one and only conclusion, that you have no respect for the “freedoms” of others to accept or reject, through the ballot box, you and your organizations “formulated policies”.

Realist, I agree with all you said. Personal Finance is not taught in schools, although the following might offer some help for those interested in finding out more

http://www.asic.gov.au/fido/fido.nsf/byheadline/Money+management?openDocument

Fester “10% fall in Sydney.”
As well as any migrationary effect, maybe the recent hikes in interest rates are proving that the “affordability equation still works.

If you increase and cost of money (interest) by 10% (in round terms, half percent from 5% to 5 ½ %), with incomes remaining constant, prices will drop accordingly (expect some lag, the reaction is never immediate).
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 10 November 2006 9:05:36 AM
Settle Col. You are intelligent enough to know to understand that coming forth when the timing is right is about not allowing the social elite from doing what they can to destroy anything that opposes them. We have seen how people and political parties becomes entwined into a court battle by the corrupt politicians of today, even being wrongly imprisoned.

Freedom? Howard has illegalised making fun of governments and Beazley wants to control the internet similar to how China does. This is appaulling yet people seem happy to be brainwashed into thinking that by giving up your rights, you are freer. Well, you're not. People must be able to say what they think freely, free from political persecution...something which we are seeing today is persecution. The closer Australia is with China, more we become like them.

Nationalism to you is about race? What an example of brainwashing! If it is being racist to look after your own nation first before those from overseas who don't care about you, then so be it - Proud of it!
Posted by Spider, Friday, 10 November 2006 5:20:17 PM
col

The interest rate hikes are having varying effects across Australia. The reduction in the rate of immigration into Sydney is reducing demand. Why else do you think people like Harry Triguboff want twenty million people living in Sydney by 2050? To make housing more affordable perhaps?
Posted by Fester, Friday, 10 November 2006 6:54:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy