The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Evaporation of the vision splendid > Comments

Evaporation of the vision splendid : Comments

By Ian Mackay, published 24/7/2006

Are dams leaving us high and dry? Getting to the bottom of the dry dam issue.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
“I refuse to waste my time and debate further with such bigoted and biased individuals.”

But you are not debating with anyone David.

You have shown a couple of things rather comprehensively:

That you can be really nasty and that tact and decency mean nothing to you, and that you can repeat yourself without adding anything to the debate but rather, skirt around the issues, even when asked direct questions.

How about furthering the debate a bit by answering my questions directly….please:

Why do you so innately want to facilitate a larger population… and one with no upper limit, especially now that you have admitted that it “brings problems” ?

Why do you equate the notion of stabilising population with going “back to the dinosaurs”?

Why on earth do you accept that we have to have an “ever-growing population?”

Come on – this issue is of paramount importance to the subject of this thread. Let’s get into the guts of it….. in a nice friendly manner.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 5 August 2006 1:00:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No David, you do me great injustice.
You distort my facts and my opinion.
I advocate the destruction of all Mankind.
Only then will the planet have enough fresh water.
Posted by GlenWriter, Saturday, 5 August 2006 1:07:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The last post for David Gothard?
I offer this last post for humanity:
I note that King Canute has had a bad press. He did nothing more than pull some of his dreamers into line. When they suggested that he was all-powerful, he dragged them down to the seashore to watch the result of his now-famous commandment.
I further note that, if human population growth continues for another 2000 years, unsurprisingly it will get somewhat more out of hand than it already is. Solutions will have to be found to cater for the following numbers which will have multiplied from the present breeding stock. Present rate of increase is assumed.
Present numbers are about 6.5 billion.
In 100 years, about 25 billion.
In 1000, years 1,600 billion.
In 2000 years of continuing "progress", 900,000,000,000 billion.
Posted by colinsett, Saturday, 5 August 2006 1:22:41 PM
Glen Writer, Collinset, Ludwig, Kanga. Did not intend to respond further and caste more pearls of wisdom before Canutian swine. But Glen’s comments scream out for a response. Have no worries Glen. The Americans are already well down the path you suggest and with all their chicanery and sophisticated technology will reduce world population fairly quickly. Perhaps the smart (?) ‘numerologist’ Colinsett could play with the figures to predict and reveal the end point. Play on little boys. Messages end for good.
Posted by David Gothard, Saturday, 5 August 2006 5:11:20 PM
David – would you really rather opt right out of the discussion than involve yourself in debate on something that you obviously feel very strongly about??

Why not just answer one of my questions, then ask one of your own, and we’ll get into the rhythm of a worthwhile intercourse.

You have expressed grand ideas. You are into big issues. This is too big an issue for you to pull out of.

At any rate, I hope you don’t leave OLO for good, because you do have some interesting ideas…. and whatever your views, I will uphold your right to express them.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 5 August 2006 9:47:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy