The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The polarisation of the church: liberalism and fundamentalism > Comments

The polarisation of the church: liberalism and fundamentalism : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 3/2/2006

Peter Sellick argues liberal and fundamentalist theologies are both fatally flawed, and a synthesis is needed for the health of the church.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Hi all

Scout (post 10:55:01 AM 10/2/06)

My pleasure to make my writings more legible & intelligible. Thank you for your comments - before & subsequently.
(26/2/06)

mangotreeone 1 (post 1:47:08 PM 18/2/06)

".. I (mangotreeone) believe the God being worshiped is in fact a antichrist disguised ..": I partially agree. But that assumes that all gods are equal. I (LAB) most assuredly believe that many cultures worship false gods - anti-Christs. Judeo-Christian Scripture even warns us.

".. would the creator of the Universe bless tools ..?": I don't know. Ask Him! But again Judeo-Christian Scripture answers that question when it talks about a "righteous & holy god". God (Yahweh) says: "He who justifieth the guilty & he who condemneth the innocent; even they both are an abomination to the L'rd." However, notwithstnding, God doesn't necessarily punish singular, identifiable people. He allows the satanic pattern covering the whole nation to pay for the iniquities of the many. Moreover, with correct study of Christianity, you'd realise that Satan is in control in the hearts of most humans - "All man(kind) has [& continues to] sinned & falls short of the glory of God (Yahweh)."

".. King Solomon who invented the system ..": where do you get that information? It assuredly isn't contained within the Holy Bible. Moses received the Ten Commandments in about 1450BC. Solomon was the son of David. Solomon lived between 970BC-930BC.

Not all people from the Middle East ought to be treated the same. There are distinct races within this 'loose' ethnicities. The Arabs are not the same as the Egyptians or the Turks, for example. An 'in-context' study of Genesis 11:27; 19:37-38; 25:12-18; 28:9; Chptr 36; & Deuteronomy 25:17 will help. But only if you have a good comprehension of Genesis11:27,29; Chptr 21; 22:23; 25:21-34; 28:5; Chptr 29; 32:27-28; Chptr 29; 32:27-28; Chptr 49; & Matthew 1:1-16.

Sadly, the 'seeds' of Islam are Ishmael & Esau. Their treachery lay dormant until Mohammad began "to dream dreams" & subsequently spruiked his intolerance & untruths. World-wide society now has its 'problems' within & external of Islam.
(26/2/06)

Cheers all
Posted by LittleAgreeableBuddy, Sunday, 26 February 2006 4:28:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Both being fatally flawed, i guess they will eventually die (even though many heresies and sects tend to persist for a good while before running aground).

Its a good thing there is a Living Lord, 'walking' among the churches. What a mob to sort out! For like all good enemies - the liberals and fundamentalists find it very difficult to talk to each other for long. So do a lot of others - in camps - in between.

Just as well the Living Lord has commanded both camps to love one another (while they both take the log out of their eye), and has the ability to graciously deal with both camps in mercy and timely judgments.

As to that posting which suggested that every Christian get a theological degree before speaking on anything Christian... the first disciples would never have got launched (to use the fishing terminology) if they had needed one.

As to doctrine not being important, just getting among people. I say, no. We need people with brains to do some hard yards in the thinking department, and we need dynamic teaching, and doctrine does not have to be dry as chips - Paul imparted 'the whole counsel of God' to the Ephesians.

I think a more dynamic, biblical theology, with immediacy, together with sleeves rolled up to love few people in need - can help fill the void. If we wait for the 2 groups to start chatting a bit - hell might freeze over first.
Posted by tennyson's_one_far-off_divine_event, Monday, 17 April 2006 9:45:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy