The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Male-bashing > Comments

Male-bashing : Comments

By Peter West, published 20/1/2006

Peter West asks why the Australian media is so hostile to men.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. All
Tubley, I simply don't see the unfairness that you see, all based on gender lines. I see a spectrum of both genders and all sorts along that spectrum.

I know amazing women who have great relationships with really nice men, they sort things out by good communication.

I know both men and women, who can be totally irrational, blaming everyone but themselves for their problems.

Yes there are women who hate men and will say so publicly. Who knows what happened in their lives to cause that anger. They might well also be the women to cry in their pillows, when they are lonely and never had the child that they secretly desired, nor the partner.

There are also men, who are so scarred by experiences, that they are convinced its all women that are the problem. I just don't think its that simple.

My take on women who openly abuse men, is that usually if we dig deeper, these are confused individuals, who have had some bad expereriences. Being a good psychologist, I let them get it off their chest, then they usually feel better :)

I do think that there are some biological differences between men and women, that all those various hormones play a role in all this.

My experience with women is that they will make a list of all the things they want in a man, but at the end of the day, they just follow their feelings. Emotions play a far bigger role in the brain activitity of your average female, then in your average man.

But of course, emotions can also be quite irrational. Men see things far simpler. As long as their sports team is winning, they get their bit of nooky regularly and they can have a beer with their mates, life is ok for them. No wonder misunderstandings arise between the genders. I still believe that most of the time, those differences are actually complementary, as long as we accept the role of biology in who we are.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 10:51:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Male bashing is a new and changing phenomenon.

It is useless to analyse it in isolation to the government policies causing the changes.

The fact is that immigrating 140,000 skilled people per year with IQs probably over 130 into a population whose IQs have been kept at an average 100 is nothing short of an INVASION. The leader of that invasion is John Howard and his government is the principal beneficiary.
The social stress cause by this invasion is borne by people in the suburbs all over Australia but particularly in Sydney where about 100,000 of those 140,000 immigrants settle. The social stress manifests mainly in the isolation and weakening of certain demographic groups, single men being one such group. It is not rocket science that repulsive behaviour and anarchy become normal among competetive and elitist groups like the new working female. And, it appears as if John Howard and Arjay are the only people in Australia who are in DENIAL that multicultural anarchy is rife in Sydney and just below the surface in other Australian cities.

Multiculturalism is failing in Europe where there is now a serious IDENTITY crisis. John Howard is desperate to create propaganda to show it is not failing here. But the game is up. The Imams won't react well to their young Jihadists sent to jail. Something has to give. And it will. Cronulla is just the beginning because next year their will be another 140,000 skilful immigrants to add to this pressure cooker. There will be another 140,000 the year after that.

Like in France, no government strategies will be evident to deal with this problem because government DENYS it exists.

As I keep saying, the answer is:

* Make education easier for tertiary level and tech college students

* Have a 5 year moratorium on immigration so we can assess the true direction that multiculturalism in its present form is having across Europe and Australia.

People who fail to make the connection between increases in male bashing and social stress are either Howard shills or in the low IQ groups most at risk.
Posted by KAEP, Thursday, 26 January 2006 4:04:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
T.U.S.

Women do the same amount of training, show the same amount of commitment and give as much to the sports they play as their male counterparts.

You’re correct in saying men run faster, jump higher etc. But then, I was not suggesting they play one another. Roger Federer plays men and Maria Sharipova plays women. Both do so with exceptional ability beyond anything you and I have ever achieved in sport.

For the most part we’re talking about differences in power and speed. Women are, however, capable of the same level of coordination. Case in point – Leisal Jones, while not nearly as big and strong (and therefore not as fast) as the male swimmers, she is the most technically perfect breaststroker in the world at this point in time – female or male. She is in fact, a perfect model on how the stroke should be done. Look at the 2005 World Swimming Championships where the women won most of the races. Women’s swimming in this country is now a world superpower but still the men are receiving much more in endorsements.

In tennis we see less power in women’s serves but they tend to be better placed serves. In basketball we see women relying more on the finer skills component of the game as opposed to the men who use power and force. These are differences in ways of playing. When I said there are no differences in the quality of the sport I meant that each contribute a considerable value to the sport as a whole while one gender gets more recognition that the other. I always enjoy watching women climb to success as they’ve had to work so hard to achieve any kind of recognition. The commitment level I see in successful female athletes is beyond inspirational.
Posted by tubley, Thursday, 26 January 2006 5:08:21 AM
I just wish that the women would stop grunting so loudly and so much when they play tennis. It really makes the game difficult to watch!

The reason I believe our Government brings in skilled immigrants instead of developing the potential and talent that we have here is that immigrants often have less command of the English language and they are new to the Country and don’t know the rules so the Government is safer, they can bully and intimidate immigrants easier. Immigrants are less likely to blow the whistle on things that they see wrong in the system and become whistleblowers. Being a whistleblower in this Country pretty much makes you an outcast. What immigrant wants to be ostracized and outcasted when they have just come in.

I don’t think that we should drop the standards in Education at all and make it easier. What we should do is change the way we deliver it as it isn’t fair and it is giving certain cultures a huge advantage. Highest marks shouldn't be the determining factor for opportunities in Education as highest marks are more dependent on your exposure, environment and social standing than anything else. Those in disadvantaged schools and areas just cannot compete.

Whilst I believe that a certain high standards must be met, I feel that it should be at basic skill level only at the level taught at school to everybody. Not higher. I believe that Community Service should hold as much weight when assessing students for placement in schools and in University. That way those that are disadvantaged by their school or by their social standing can compete as all they have to do is work in the community and show themselves to be of a high standard.
Posted by Jolanda, Thursday, 26 January 2006 8:55:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am old enough to remember that it was Gough Whitlam that started the push to multiculturalism, and put the death knell to the White Australia policy, which still had an unspoken existence. Keating espoused multiculturalism vehemently. So if you want to blame John Howard, please understand the history.

I believe that this G’ment is keenly aware of the dangers of immigration, but John Howard is at the mercy of both the UN, cartels, the current MC groups and the myriad of social ‘do-gooders’ in his response to the immigrants trying to enter Aus. Whether by fair means or foul, Aus is now ‘reaping’ the result of a Labor Gov’t decision.

As to making education easier. I worked for an Employment Agency for many years and Aus was creating the highest level of educated unemployed in the world. Many were totally uninterested in getting a job, but very proud to wave a mass of certificates and degrees. So an employer often now ‘fears’ the veracity of these certificates.

Stats appear to show that now that uni education is harder to achieve, the students take it more seriously and the standard is improving.

Education is a gift, not a right in much of the world. We are still amazingly blessed in the education our children can attain here. The three R’s are no longer the basis of much schooling, instead we choose a High School for the Performing Arts, or a High School specializing in Science, or whatever. We chop and change at will because our families future no longer relies on the next generation supporting it, as in poorer countries.

In my view, we need to make education a goal, rather than a given. We need to encourage our children to aim for a standard that will open that door to them, rather than just assume that further education is just hanging around waiting for them to want it.
Posted by SuziQ, Thursday, 26 January 2006 10:49:02 AM
Now Kaep,I don't agree with everything John Howard espouses.France is in really big trouble because the cultural and religious differences are too great and the French are a pretty arrogant lot anyway.Given this climate ,I can't understand why they embarked on such a flawed immigration programme in the first place.

I don't think our immigration programme is balanced also.We have brought people into his country on mass,that absolutely hate our guts.Our immigration programme is too economically driven and definetely needs more balance.I just wonder who is actually is in charge in immigration that drives it's ideology.

The Italians,Greeks and other European Cultures have been here for a long time and are now just one of us.the Chinese will take longer to assimilate because the language and the writing differences are enormous.

I have no problem with bringing out intelligent people here so long as they don't see themselves as elites who can please themeslves.I have no problem with lots of billionaires since I will find a way of selling them something.

We have not had a recession since 1991 and if Labor were in power we would have had one again in 2001 and be one our way to the next one.Having said that,there is a lot wrong with the Howard Govt because they don't have any real opposition to keep them on their toes.Labor will lose the next one and I don't see any real talent emerging from the union rabble.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 26 January 2006 12:57:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19