The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Brace for the new ‘mega-censor’ who will determine what is correct and true > Comments

Brace for the new ‘mega-censor’ who will determine what is correct and true : Comments

By Graham Young, published 18/1/2024

If there is any doubt as to ACMA’s role as a state censor, impending laws say government information cannot be labelled misinformation or disinformation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Take an example;
Chris Bowen says that wind and solar are the cheapest form of energy.
Will arguing the opposite be disinformation and illegal ?
The ACMA administers the radio frequency spectrum.
If I say on my radio to someone such as David, that Wind and solar are
the most expensive form of energy.
Could they cancel my licence ?
If David agreed with me could they cancel his licence ?

Seems a ridiculous proposition, but what if there was an enormous
political row going on because of daily blackouts and the governments
actual survival was at stake.
I think less than that has resulted in arrest in some countries.
Posted by Bezza, Saturday, 20 January 2024 3:47:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris Bowen says that wind and solar are the cheapest form of energy.
Bezza,
That’s a financial factor however, all other factors incur huge costs environmentally & socially.
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 20 January 2024 8:07:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
errr, Indy not sure what point you were making.
If I say that they are not cheaper isn't that mis or dis info as the
government says it is cheaper and the govt is always right !

I think this legislation is highly dangerous.
If Stalin had needed it would be just what he wanted.
Posted by Bezza, Saturday, 20 January 2024 9:52:10 PM
Thanks GY for this article. Extremely important issue. It seems that it's not just OLO that would cease to function if this legislation gets through it's Australia's very nature and democracy that will be subverted. This legislation is a fast road to communism as others have said.
Posted by Canem Malum, Sunday, 21 January 2024 8:07:05 PM
I'd prefer that civics education would influence appropriate standards of behavior through teaching traditions of the nation and region and culture and this would evolve over time. But if the government's goal is to ram their opinion down the electorates throat and destroy the nation and culture and subvert the will of the people then this obviously won't achieve their objective.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 22 January 2024 2:09:57 PM
If Australians keep voting Labor a mega-censor they will get !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 23 January 2024 7:19:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy