The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Resurrection: the vindication of the Christ > Comments

Resurrection: the vindication of the Christ : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 25/1/2019

The gospel according to Mark (70CE), the earliest of the gospels, is curious for its ending that does not include appearances of the risen one.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
//"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1). It is a pointless question to ask if God is capable of creating a rock so large he couldn't lift it.//

And banging on about the God creating the Universe and quoting a lot of pointless scripture is entirely irrelevant to the very specific, yes/no question that I asked, Captain Fallacy. As is berating for my impertinence in failing to show what you consider appropriate reverence for your limited concept of God (oh, the delicious irony). Do you want to try a better answer without such obvious attempts to avoid giving any meaningful answer?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 27 January 2019 8:11:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni,

<<or God if you prefer, since no meaningful distinction can be made - than those who prefer to sit and gawp at God/Nature like fools.>>
That's an Appeal to Ridicule Logical Fallacy. It is erroneous reasoning. See: http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/42/Appeal-to-Ridicule

It doesn't deal with the issues we've been discussing.

Your quote from Bertrand Russell was a red herring as I had raised nothing of the issue you pursued with Russell's support.

Let's deal with content instead of falling back to use fallacious reasoning.
Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 27 January 2019 8:31:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Let's deal with content instead of falling back to use fallacious reasoning.//

That'd be lovely, Captain Fallacy, but I don't believe you're capable.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 27 January 2019 9:51:23 PM
Hear, hear and well said, Toni! How can you reason with folk who claim to know gods thoughts so intimately that they are apparently able to witness them as if they were their own thoughts, and from which they are unable to distinguish!? And How can one reason with Sells who claims all scripture as irrefutable truth,

Or Ozpen who wants to argue chapter and verse as a way to close down any discussion of a belief system quite literally founded by the pagan sun worshipper, presiding over all of it, the Roman Emporer Constantine the great,

And that he decided which scholarly tomes would be included in that invented by him and his cohorts and which wouldn't. Like those that seem to say we are all fallen angels trying to return to our former place and positions as Eternals!?

Is Sells trying to claim that the founder of the Church of Rome? Constantine the great, a pagan sun worshipper, was infallible?

And is Oz pen, claiming he can hear the voice of God giving him instructions on how to live and relate to others, particularly those who chose to be born different?

It has to be such a comfort to Folk like Ozpen who hear voices coming out of thin air and extremely distracting, to say the least, but even more so when like Ozpen, you understand what they are saying!?

Moreover, for the latter, such a comfort to know you're always right!
Cheers, Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 28 January 2019 11:00:34 AM
Alan B,

<<And is Oz pen, claiming he can hear the voice of God giving him instructions on how to live and relate to others, particularly those who chose to be born different?>>

Quit inventing this information about my views. I have never EVER stated that. You have created disparaging comments about me and not engaged in constructive discussion.

<<It has to be such a comfort to Folk like Ozpen who hear voices coming out of thin air and extremely distracting, to say the least, but even more so when like Ozpen, you understand what they are saying!?>>

Is it a comfort to you to scoff at people like me, engage in creative fiction about me, and present your sarcastic views?
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 28 January 2019 11:11:49 AM
What I wanna know is what all this inconsequential religious mumbo jumbo has to do with

First Fleet How to Invade Australia for Dummies Day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Fleet#Arrival_in_Australia
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 28 January 2019 11:40:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy