The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On faith > Comments

On faith : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 13/9/2018

I waited for God, or Jesus, to speak to me. No message has ever come to me from on high.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. All
Dear Pogi,

Perhaps you are right in saying that this custom of reading the Lord's Prayer in parliament should be replaced with silent reflection and private prayer, but so long as this is the case, why not benefit from it, reflect on the words and thereby generate a little bit of positivity in parliament's polluted atmosphere? I am not a Christian either, but I would still make the best of the opportunity!

Lust is a problem for those who seek God like myself, so we look up to those exceptional few who managed to overcome it. The issue with lust is not with sex, but with our attachment to sexuality, not with what we physically do (such as fornication, which you mentioned), but with how we think, how our mind works - it is a deep-rooted mental problem, an obstacle on the path to God which I pray to overcome!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 3 November 2018 9:37:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy