The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Days of our lives > Comments

Days of our lives : Comments

By Najla Turk, published 16/2/2017

I am your ordinary, middle-class, working mother that happens to be a practising Muslim who profoundly opposes terrorism and is ardently seeking harmony.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 41
  9. 42
  10. 43
  11. All
Hi Ttbn,

Yes, there is always that problem. As long as (a) lying 'in a good cause', or (b) lying 'because it's dangerous to tell the truth' occurs, then how does one tell when anybody who falls back on those sanctioned excuses, is telling the truth ?

It's a bit like one of those Greek conundrums: all people from (is it?) Miletus are liars. So how can you find out anything from a Miletian ? Ask one something, then ask another one if he lied or not. But what if people lie only sometimes, as in (a) and (b) ?

But maybe many Muslims wear their religion lightly, as many Christians do, and are no more likely to lie than anyone else. I'd like to think that human decency triumphs over religious expediency sometimes in most of us, including with Muslims.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 16 February 2017 4:27:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well just about everything I wanted to say has been said already. Nijila wants Australians to be tolerant of Islam. What about Islam being tolerant of Western Values? Not a hope in hell.

Islam is the most intolerant of all Religions. Islams idea of tolerance is that Infidels become moslims or die. End of story.

If moslims were like Hindu's, Buddhists & Christians in accepting each others belief systems & living peacefully beside one another, things would be different, but they are not. One only has to look at anywhere in the World where moslims have migrated. Intolerance towards other beliefs abound with disastrous results. EG; Europe & the UK, West New Guinea & Myanmar.

So, Nijila. Get off your high horse. If you don't feel like you fit in, maybe you should leave.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 16 February 2017 4:28:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nowadays thanks to alternative news sites and the social media which are widely accessible thanks to the Internet, awareness is spreading that much of the vilification of Muslims is a beat up. Note how if government departments exist to solve problems, when there looks the possibility that there may be a shortage of them, employees and others with vested interests often actively look for more problems, beat existing ones up and even sometimes try to create troubles they are likely to get a job helping solve. Otherwise budgets may be cut and people and resources made redundant.

With the demise of communism, the military industrial complexes of large western countries needed a new enemy. Alleged Muslim terrorism has been the main one. Details seem to indicate that much genuine fanatical terrorism has been by organisations that at some stage have received covert strong financial support from western sources. Then close examination shows a considerable proportion of alleged attacks are actually "false flags" with atrocities prearranged to pursue an agenda and/or falsely blame someone. Saw a claim recently that seems close to if not completely correct. ie That all the alleged Muslim terrorist attacks in the United States have actually been false flags. Especially 9/11, which ever increasing details being exposed indicate was arranged by psychopathic Zionists to promote their own agendas. This includes cajoling others to fight their battles and encouraging Muslims to fight each other rather than Jews and their sympathisers. One obvious long term objective has been the creation of a "Greater Israel" between the Nile and Euphrates rivers. This is being stopped with Russians helping the secular government of Syria, a predominantly Muslim country defeat the largely Muslim extremist terrorists supported by the US in particular. Is one recent case of it promoting "regime change" to replace a government whose primary aim is to further the interests of its own citizens with one led by puppets and stooges whose main priority is helping facilitate what US interests want.
Posted by mox, Thursday, 16 February 2017 4:50:17 PM
I back Islam against homosexuality...the more Muslims the better....
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 16 February 2017 5:06:44 PM
mox: arranged by psychopathic Zionists to promote their own agendas.

Yep, it was the Jews, the Jews did it. I take it moxie that you are one of the Nazi types & not worth the time o' day. 1D,10t Club I guess.

diver Dan: I back Islam against homosexuality

I guess you'd rather a goat, eh.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 16 February 2017 5:21:36 PM
Dan,

A bit half-witted, no offence. Nobody should be thrown off buildings or beheaded for their behaviour or inclinations. Bringing homosexuality into this discussion is a bit of a red herring.

Of course, if somebody has no intention of hurting anybody else, they are entitled to be treated properly, with tolerance and decency. If somebody is intolerant of such people, then they are not fully entitled to be tolerated. But I don't think they should be thrown off tall buildings. Not even you, Dan :)

We should all have the right to criticise openly what we don't agree with, or an opinion which we think is obnoxious, but if somebody asserts something, they should be able to present evidence, or face criticism. Even you, Dan :)

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 16 February 2017 5:28:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 41
  9. 42
  10. 43
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy