The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel’s false claims about World Vision > Comments

Israel’s false claims about World Vision : Comments

By Stuart Rees, published 11/8/2016

Even if Tim Costello and his colleagues can show that the charges against Mohammed El Halibi are trumped up, Israel will not end the siege of Gaza or the occupation of Palestinian lands.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Stuart Rees has a real credibility problem trying to portray Muslims as the victims of anybody.

Look Stewie. Most westerners despise Arab Muslims. We despise them because they are a race of religious fanatics who's values, attitudes and behaviours are diametrically opposed to our own. We despise them because they keep invading our countries with the collusion of our weak politicians and once they get here, they behave very badly. They are very disproportionately represented in serious criminal behaviour and welfare dependency, to say nothing of the aggressive way they drive cars. They are disrespectful of western women and are prone to use violence as a first resort when solving personnel problems.

We do not live in an Age of Terrorism. We live in an Age of Muslim Terrorism. So if anybody is a Muslim, we equate them with terrorists. Every Muslim is not a terrorist, but they probably all support Muslim terrorism, or at least the aims of Muslim terrorism. If they don't, then they had better make that clear. Last I heard, the "moderate" Muslim leaders in Australia were blaming everybody and everything for Islamic terrorism except those Islamic religious texts that ordered and sanctioned Muslim terrorism.

Israel is just another western country which is a victim of Muslim terrorism. As a westerner, I trust Israel because it is a western democratic country like my own. I do not trust Muslims at all. Therefore, if Israel says that aid from Australia is being funnelled off by a Muslim to finance terrorism, I automatically believe them. If you or a Muslim says differently, I disbelieve you.

Why you go into bat for Muslims who want to destroy the society you live in, while hurling brickbats at Israel, the only non dysfunctional country in the entire Middle East, is something I would like you to explain to me
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 11 August 2016 8:41:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is what Tim Costello says really true?

As for: "Who really cares as long as it is the Israeli government and its allies who make such claims", well, Israel, as the only democracy in the Middle East, and the only bulwark against Islam, has more allies than enemies; then there are the donors who object to their money going to Islamic terrorists; the Australian taxpayers whom our government has ripped off in aid of World Ripoff, and most decent people in the Western world. That's who cares, Mr. Left-wing academic Stuart Rees.

Stuff Mr. El Halibi who hasn't seen his family for 25 days.

I refuse to read any more of this predictable tripe.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 August 2016 12:16:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How do we know Israel's claims are false? Because Stuart with torrents of crocodile tears dribbling down his cheeks, says they are!

Look, I don't give a rats whether it's five bob, five or fifty million in aid money that's being reassigned! To be returned as exploding suicide vests, IUED"s rockets or bullets! It needs to stop! As does the Islamic sanctioned BS shovelled by the shipload for the ever gullible Infidel

If this money intended for Arab mums and their babies is just not gettin there, why send any? Simply put, they'll be no worse off!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 11 August 2016 12:25:34 PM
well if Hamas and supporters did not use kids and hospitals as human shields it might be a bit harder to believe this theft from Australian tax payers. The fact is that the leftist media will go as low as possible to support this terrorist group and to demonise Israel. Seems to me the deceit of Hamas and supporters do not fit the narrative for many of the Israel hating academia and press.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 August 2016 12:27:19 PM
Israel won't accecpt a 'neutral' stance.
Their whole position is to convince anyone that a Palestinian life does not have the same value as a Jewish life.
Maybe it's a part of their religion where they think all 'Goyim' are lesser beings, or maybe it's a hatred for Islam I'm not sure.
Any time a person or nation tries to have a neutral stance they are attacked as 'racists' for it.

It's my opinion that Gough Whitlam probably was removed as PM because his policies didn't have Israel's best interests in mind.
https://www.jewishnews.net.au/our-disappointing-relationship-with-gough/38115

I want nothing to do with a New World Order where the world would be ruled from Jerusalem or that we in Australia would ever ruled over or have our decisions decided for us by foreigners, or foreign bankers.
Using America (the Judeo-Christian alliance) to start wars to support both American Imperialism and hegemony and Israel's foreign policies.

I have no love for Islam either.
It's another recipe for global conquest with religious, political and military doctrines.
Anyone who is a non-Muslim is a 'kafir'.
Their belief system is not compatible with Australian ideals.

Pro-Jewish Neocons push the wars onto Islamic countries and Jewish Globalists such as George Soros push for open borders that causes the immigration problems.

I don't understand the world but it all stinks.

I want nothing to do with Globalism nor Islam.
I just want current and future Australians and their kids to live in peace and be free to think, choose and speak for ourselves without being manipulated or subverted by those who would seek to take any of our freedoms away.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 11 August 2016 9:34:07 PM
AC,

The Palestinians are the ones that value their own peoples' life so low.

Hamas is responsible for firing rockets from populated areas, schools etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 12 August 2016 2:20:42 PM
Stuart Rees, I find nothing in your argument that makes logical sense. I believe it was World Vision itself, in a moment of apparent naivete and misguided appeal to neutrality (!) that allowed Mohammed El Halibi to be appointed as Manager of Operations in Gaza - something that, in itself, beggars belief!

While not minimizing the great work of World Vision, one would think that such a well-known NGO would exhibit a lot more wisdom and understanding of current trends in the Middle East in general, and of Gaza in particular. There is no place for naivete when it comes to dealings with Islam and terrorism. The alternative (i.e. that this was a deliberate appointment in full knowledge of the expected outcome) is unthinkable.

Unfortunately, I have observed first hand that, at times, those who have had ongoing involvement in the work of relief organizations become so caught up in the tragedy and trauma that surrounds them daily that they lose sight of the bigger picture - and, in particular, the politics that tends to colour all else. It is impossible not to be touched to the core by such involvement - and yet, it is imperative that one's objectivity remain intact.
Posted by elizann, Friday, 12 August 2016 2:36:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Stuart,

Don't worry about the usual ratbags on here spouting their fears and hatreds. The government of Israel could tell them the sky was purple with pink pokadots and they would swallow it lock, stock and barrel.

The discrepency between the absurd amount the Israelis claim Mr El Habili syphoned off and the amount that World Vision actually provided Gaza would have any normal, logical person smelling a very large rat. Not the OLO rabid right cheer squad.

The Israelis have become very good at this kind of false flag action. They know even if Habili is cleared of all charges the mud will have stuck. Here is an example;

24th July 2014 Beit Hanoun Elementary Co-ed School was shelled by the Israelis killing 15 and wounding 200. The Israelis first said it wasn't them but after an investigation said one of its shells had landed in the school but without causing injuries. The subsequent UN investigation found they were lying and it was the Israeli shells which killed and wounded so many.

At this point in time, given the figures seem to have been plucked from the air by Israel, I have little reason to believe this is anything other than a way of further inflicting inhumane treatment towards the Gazan population.

Dear Shadow Minister,

There is a vast difference between firing rockets from disused schools and shelling schools sheltering women and children.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 12 August 2016 6:14:52 PM
Hey SM,
"The Palestinians are the ones that value their own peoples' life so low."
I wouldn't necessarily say that.

You're trying to make me believe that a Palestinian life is worth less than an Israeli life.
More often than not they fire into empty land and then they're butchered for it.
I've got no love at all for Islam believe me, but this isn't necessarily about Islam.

The Palestinian issue is an issue about life under occupation.
Lets say we were invaded by a foreign power and forced to live in fenced areas for generations.
What you see the Palestinians doing is nothing I probably wouldn't be contemplating doing myself if they forced me to live like that.
Thankfully I'm not in that situation.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 12 August 2016 7:03:04 PM
SR,

There is no doubt that a substantial part of the "aid" that was sent to Gaza to rebuild schools hospitals etc ended up building fortifications tunnels and rockets. Secondly, most rockets were not fired from uninhabited areas, and neither were they aimed at empty fields.

On the other side the Israelis went out of their way not to harm civilians, and most of the casualties were Hamas militants. If Israel had been indescriminate, they could have saved the loss of soldiers lives by simply shelling and bombing Gaza into the stone age.

AC,

Hamas obviously puts the value of an Israeli life above that of a palestinian as it is quite happy to sacrifice hundreds of Gazans to kill a handful of Israelis.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 13 August 2016 6:35:23 AM
Dear SM,

You wrote;

“On the other side the Israelis went out of their way not to harm civilians, and most of the casualties were Hamas militants. If Israel had been indiscriminate, they could have saved the loss of soldiers lives by simply shelling and bombing Gaza into the stone age.”

Most of the casualties in the 2014 conflict were not militants and for you to be propagating such a lie makes my point eloquently.

This footage shows an entire street of multi-storied buildings being systematically blown apart by Israeli tank shells. What is discriminate about it?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chilling-images-show-how-israeli-3929158

So it begs the question why are you a shrill for Israel? Why do you post lies for them?

I take it you are not Israeli so what is in it for you? Is it justifying personal hatreds or just overhyping the party line?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 13 August 2016 3:49:48 PM
SR,

The question is what is in it for you in posting the tripe that you do? I never pinned you as anti semetic? The numbers that the UN use comes from Hamas and is not worth the paper they are printed on.

It has been an open secret for years that the material going to Gaza has been expropriated for military purposes, and that after $bns in aid, there was little improvement in infrastructure for the people but Hamas had hundred of tunnels and rockets?

Now they are sending children to stab people and cry foul when they are shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKkCgpKk4SI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8mUyG12QhQ

Obviously this is a huge set up.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 14 August 2016 8:23:18 AM
Israel grabbed global headlines on Thursday with sensational allegations that tens of millions of dollars from the Christian relief and advocacy organization World Vision had been diverted to the military wing of the resistance group Hamas in Gaza.

But a day later, the Israeli claims look more than ever like sloppy propaganda. A World Vision official says Israel’s sums don’t add up and it has also emerged that a Mossad-linked Israeli group has been stoking allegations against the charity for years.

An Israeli general has said that Israel is relying on a “confession” extracted by an intelligence agency which is notorious for using torture.

Israel has also instructed its diplomats to smear World Vision, especially among Christian communities around the world.

But if Israel’s intention was to damage international humanitarian efforts in Gaza, it can chalk up a success, at least for now.

Australia, which has given World Vision about $5 million in the last three years for projects in Gaza, said it was suspending contributions pending an investigation.

Indeed, ending humanitarian aid to the besieged Gaza Strip, or at least bringing it under even tighter Israeli control, looks like the purpose of the allegations.
http://www.nektalovtotalbody.com/
Posted by weight loss center and clinic new york, Tuesday, 23 August 2016 10:25:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy