The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The remains of a year of tumult > Comments

The remains of a year of tumult : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 22/12/2015

I have been around for 84 years, none of them ever boring, but 2015 has been a corker.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Don`t forget the most important problem, that of our sustainable population growth.
Ignore that and all other problems remain unsolved.
Posted by ateday, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 8:16:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Population ? The supply of labour for the car, electronics and pharmaceutical industries? Sheep shearers and cane-cutters? Sandstone masons for government works in Parramatta?
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 8:33:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hear, hear, and well said Everald.
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 9:21:02 AM
Oh dear what a bubble Everald lives in. He wants the definition of marriage perverted, believes man can control the climate and bangs on about a republic. He must be looking for a job with the abc. No mention of islamist terrorism. Just shows you wisdom does not come with age. Oh that's right the terrorism is stopped because the language is softened. No wonder Everald has swallowed the gw hoax.

Btw why wasn,t the referendum on gay marriage in Slovenia reported on by the ABC?
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 10:24:28 AM
Runner you say a referendum on gay marriage in Slovenia? Really? Never saw that on the ABC. Obviously it was a landslide in favour, how could it be anything but?
I am personally looking forward to our plebiscite, referendum whatever?
I have so many questions but precious few answers.
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 12:02:55 PM
Runner, you had better go back and re-read the article.

"Terrorism and the Islamic State bear heavily upon our view of the future,"

You also need to rinse your brain out about global warming too, but I will leave that discussion for another day.

Have a Happy Christmas.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 12:10:11 PM
' Terrorism and the Islamic State bear heavily upon our view of the future,"

my apologies David. May you be blessed this Christmas

'You also need to rinse your brain out about global warming too, but I will leave that discussion for another day.'

now you have over 50% and growing of Aussies that need their brains rinsed. Real issues will win out over blind faith in the end.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 3:36:07 PM
" Real issues will win out over blind faith in the end."
That is a bit rich coming from someone who has such blind faith in his religious beliefs. Get real mate.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 22 December 2015 9:27:34 PM
This article, with a bit of effort, could be quite helpful.
Everald can be relied upon to always be 100% wrong, so by going through the article and reversing all of the assertions and predictions we would have a useful end result.
His mode of expression will make the job awkward in places, but his reliability makes it worth the effort.
He has never been right, at any time, in his output.
The BBC reported on the referendum in Slovenia on perversion of the definition of marriage, rejected by a two thirds majority of voters.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35147257
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 23 December 2015 1:49:03 AM
I've mentioned before on OLO that I know at least 7 people who were victims of Campbell Newman's draconian public service cuts in 2012. The lives of none of them have fully recovered. Some have contemplated suicide, despite never having considered it before. But I'm sure that Newman, with his friends in high places, has gone on to a lucrative position somewhere or other, and a generous taxpayer-funded pension.

This is an era in which the effects of neo-liberal extremism are destroying all hope in people who once believed that the system would support and protect them. We no longer live in a society that believes in supporting all of those who live in it. Instead, we now have to negotiate a 'meritocracy', in which only the rich and extremely talented have any chance of real security.
Posted by Killarney, Wednesday, 23 December 2015 4:48:42 AM
Though Everald Compton is Chairman of The Longevity Forum, his memory is too fallible to pontificate on the “tumult” of 2015. He has forgotten 1949.
Posted by Leslie, Wednesday, 23 December 2015 11:26:06 AM
Killarney

Other people are not your property.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Friday, 25 December 2015 11:13:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy