The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Syrian catastrophe and the world's deafening silence > Comments

The Syrian catastrophe and the world's deafening silence : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 14/8/2015

While the US conducted its first drone strike into northern Syria from bases in Turkey by targeting ISIS alone, the US has become a de facto ally of Assad, giving him no reason to stop ravaging the country.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
(The following was omitted by mistake from the end of my previous post. My apologies.)

A historic parallel is how during the war by the Zionist settlers to expel Palestinians in 1947, Mossad agents staged acts of terrorism, that seemed to have been committed by local Arab anti-Semites, against Jewish inhabitants of other Arab countries. This was done in order to intimidate members of those local Jewish communities to flee to Palestine.
Posted by malthusista, Sunday, 16 August 2015 5:30:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Malthusista.

In order to get people to take you seriously, you have to be credible. Writing that ISIS is an invention of the USA, and that "Zionists" committed acts of terror on their own people in o0rder to get them to flee to Israel, destroys your credibility right from the get go. People know right away that you are a loony.

My advice to you, is to tone it down a bit. You are probably used to dealing with ignorant Arabs who will believe anything, but western people are more sophisticated.

I have to disagree with ttbn in his premise that we should do a Munich and leave our enemies to get stronger. It is conceivable that even Saudi Arabia could fall to the ISIS extremists who are a lot worse than the Saudi extremists. Think of Adolph Hitler with two thirds of the world's oil reserves and one fifth of the world's population (with many already living in the west) and you get the idea.

At the moment, the Arab world is fighting itself, which is not a bad idea, it keeps them busy. But the problem is, that whoever wins could be a lot worse than the Saudis, Ghadhafi, Saddam Hussein, and Bashir Assad, all put together. At the moment, ISIS is the main problem and I think that killing them anywhere is the main priority. Send the (mostly young male) "refugees" back to where they came from and give them a rifle.

It is their religion and their culture. If we don't send the Muslim "refugees" back, in less than 100 years we will be dropping barrel bombs in Paris and London. Ain't multiculturalism grand?
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 17 August 2015 4:35:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've got to stick up for Malthusian on this LEGO, but I don't wish to offend.

Firstly, all you have to do is type a phrase into google and press enter.

I did this and this is what I found.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-23/secret-pentagon-report-reveals-us-created-isis-tool-overthrow-syrias-president-assad

It really makes no sense to discredit others without looking.
We may have views different to you, but that doesn't mean that we make the stuff up.

Want more?

You want evidence of Israel's false flag attacks?

Try looking up the USS Liberty or the Lavon affair.

Or this right in an Israeli publication.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/lebanon-army-dismantles-4-rockets-aimed-at-israel-1.5288

If you take this info into account, then suddenly Malthusian becomes informed, and you become ignorant.

Its really not our fault that the general population gets its info from the corporate media.

Don't you realise it tells you what and how to think?

While most people are watching Bruce Jenner's and cute cat videos its people like Malthusian and myself trying to get at the real story, and I for one don't even try that hard.

But I don't support everything Malthusian supports or everything that David Icke supports FYI.

Malthusian's website is big on global warming and I think that's a farce.

And David Icke comes out with some crazy stuff as well, new age type stuff, consciousness and of living in a matrix.

I don't go for all that, but I know David Icke's right about this issue.
I've looked it up.

Its you guys that refuse to take the time to do so, (look at the documents) and then hold an irrational stance against people like us, simply because you're uninformed, and have a belief system given to you by the corporate media.

Even in the process of being called conspiracy theorists or tinfoil hat wearing crazy people, its you guys that have been programmed to think that way. Think about it.

No insult intended, I do value everyone's opinions on this site.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 17 August 2015 8:59:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair Critic, here is some more information about the USS Liberty incident of 8 June 1967:

"New Evidence Proves Israel Attacked USS Liberty With Orders to Kill 294 Americans" (14/11/2015) at http://www.globalresearch.ca/new-evidence-proves-israel-attacked-uss-liberty-with-orders-to-kill-294-americans/5413807

Navy Admiral Thomas Moorer, who has served this country as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Chief of Naval Operations, once lead an independent commission to investigate what really happened to the USS Liberty. The commission's findings were made public in 2003 (see http://www.ifamericansknew.org/media/misslib.html). Here are a few of the shocking conclusions.

* The attack, by a U.S. ally, was a deliberate attempt to destroy an American ship and kill its entire crew.
* The attack included the machine-gunning of stretcher-bearers and life rafts.
* The White House deliberately prevented the U.S. Navy from coming to the defense of the USS Liberty. This was the first time in naval history a rescue mission had been cancelled while an American ship was under attack.
* Surviving crew members were later threatened with court-martial, imprisonment, or worse if they talked to anyone about what had happened to them; and were "abandoned by their own government"

You can find more information in "Kennedy, the Lobby and the Bomb" (2/5/2013) at http://www.voltairenet.org/article178401.html
Posted by malthusista, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 11:50:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair Critic wrote on Monday, 17 August 2015 8:59:13 AM,

"Malthusian's website is big on global warming and I think that's a farce."

(It's 'Malthusista', not 'Malthusian'.)

Armchair Critic, could you cite an example of what on https://candobetter.net you take exception to?

It is some year since I must have written about global warming.

However, it seems highly unlikely to me that digging up so much of the coal and burning coal which was formed over hundreds of millions of years from carbon dioxide which was previously in our atmosphere would not substantially change our atmosphere. My science is not good enough to be able to argue whether it is more likely to make the atmosphere warmer or colder, but it would be folly to presume that the temperature would not change. Given that life, particularly life support systems that can support advanced forms of life as we have on earth, is so extremely rare in the universe, then surely the only sane thing that humanity can do is do as little as possible to change our biosphere, at least such time as until we understand it a whole lot better.

Until such time, humanity should certainly scale back its extraction and consumption of coal, gas and petroleum.
Posted by malthusista, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 11:56:00 PM
Hey Malthusista,

Sorry, I misspelled your name.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I took exception to your website content, I wasn't offended by it.
I really only took a quick look at your Mission Statement on the 'About' page where you mentioned - "...turn back from the brink of the looming global environmental catastrophe which threatens our survival."
- And it just 'smelled' like one of these 'progressive' websites using climate change to push a globalist agenda.

(But that's just my opinion and probably just as much to do with my own personal preference as much as anything)

Other than that I didn't take a good look at your sites content (sorry) so please do not think I am criticising your efforts.

Some of your articles look interesting enough though and might be worth the read.

To make my position clear on coal though, I don't have a big issue with digging it up and selling it, (as long as locals aren't impacted too much by the mine) but I certainly agree its preferable to see clean coal technology employed to reduce the emissions.

CSG on the other hand - injecting fracking fluid into the ground which can and many times does lead to groundwater contamination is something I will oppose (even though I'll admit that I once hypocritically was invested in an Australian company that uses this method, Eastern Star Gas)

Not sure the benefits outweigh the costs on that one.

If you want my thoughts and questions on climate change please refer to the "Beware - A Crisis is Coming" topic.

I sometimes have a different view to that of others and might seem a little hard to please, so with that in mind please don't ever be offended by my thoughts on anything. I do reserve my right to hold an opinion, but its never my intention to deliberately offend others when expressing it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 21 August 2015 12:18:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy