The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The telling and selling of Struggle Street > Comments

The telling and selling of Struggle Street : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 22/5/2015

It is clear that Struggle Street’s phenomenal ratings appeal is the door being kicked open to a new and brutal form of storytelling and marketing when it comes to people’s lives.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Wow Rhrosty, I can't agree at all.

I only saw a little of this bit of garbage. It was enough however to disgust me, & convince me that we are wasting the hard earned of decent people keeping garbage like this housed, fed & clothed.

It convinced me even more that we have to have a time limit on all dole payments. The only way to make rubbish like this get off their fat backsides is to make them do so to eat. As long as their basic requirements are supplied by the gullible, they will do absolutely nothing useful for themselves or anyone else.

To say they are a waste of space is far too kind. That we not only keep them, but pay "experts" to minister to them is even greater waste.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 22 May 2015 6:28:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well suckers, you have well and truly been suckered and played.

Audio, visual is the most manipulative form of propaganda that exists. A huge amount depends on what perspective the producers want to show.

There is an absolute classic used Adolf Hitler, Mein Klaup or something like that.
Posted by Wolly B, Friday, 22 May 2015 6:51:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wolly, in Mein Kampf Hitler goes on at great length about the struggles of the poor, remember he lived in abject poverty, in flophouses and on the street while he was in Vienna so he knew what he was talking about. In one passage he describes exactly the types seen in Struggle Street and he despaired of ever being able to change them, the difference is that the poor of Austria/Hungary in the early 1900's literally had nothing and no-one to help them, compared to the the life and death struggle of the poor Viennese the lifestyles of the people in Mt Druitt would seem like middle class luxury.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 22 May 2015 7:59:24 PM
Hasbeen; please do me and all the other posters on this thread the common courtesy of pointing out; in which part of my post I've advocated dole payments for anyone?

If you weren't such an economic ignoramus(and so quick on your get Rhrosty trigger) you would understand that permanently improving the discretionary spending powers of the great unwashed mass, is exactly the same as putting a fortune in the pockets of the movers and shakers!

All I've advocated is earned scholarships, (remember them?) And venture capital being rolled out by some government agency, for ordinary folk with really good and or original ideas.

And I congratulate the Government on what they're already doing on that front!

Yes a huge percentage of new starts fail as you did. With your business, and through no fault of yours!

However, those that succeed usually do so fabulously, and as a rule of thumb, for every one job created in the successful start up, at least five others are created in the wider economy.

Besides, we really do need to address middle class welfare/super subsidies, which will soon be larger than what we payout as pensions.

As for the dole, given my druthers, I gladly replace that with a conscripted green army, supervised by visionary Peter Andrews and his selected team, reclaiming and desalinating much of the upland landscape!

All I've advocated is a return to fairness as opposed to maintaining entirely unearned privilege!

The sort of privilege that saw the sons of the well to do, becoming the automatically commissioned officers in WW1 and before, which resulted in a WW1 blood bath, as so called officers played toy soldiers with millions of real men and real lives!

The modern equivalent being dumb-ass clueless kids coming straight out of college and into privileged politics! And then through quite gross mismanagement of finite government funds; I believe, create the very post code poverty traps we saw in the doco?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 23 May 2015 12:04:21 PM
Sorry Jay of Melbourne, the film I really meant to refer to was "Triumph of the Will".

A film that was "Leni" Riefenstahl (German: [ˈʁiːfənʃtaːl]; 22 August 1902 – 8 September 2003) was a German film director, producer, screenwriter, editor, photographer, actress and dancer widely known for directing the Nazi propaganda film.
Posted by Wolly B, Saturday, 23 May 2015 2:03:55 PM
“Dignity, and even holiness too, sometimes, are more questions of coat and waistcoat than some people imagine.”
― Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist

This has been my most abiding lesson in life...are all drug users and dealers confined to Mt Druit?
And, was the intention of SBS (with the their decision to produce this doco), more one of protecting the sensibilities of the Middle class against the realities of scum-bagery and its entrenchment across all sectors of Australian society?
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 23 May 2015 3:30:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy