The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nature's nature > Comments

Nature's nature : Comments

By Ian Nance, published 27/2/2014

Nature provides an antidote to the violence of human life.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. All
Ludwig

Nature is a fine-tuned survival machine without any moral centre. The fact that many animals and insects have to die as a result of their place in the food chain is of no interest to nature.

Similarly, beings that live in ways that are out of kilter with nature’s laws inevitably degenerate into non-natural and self-destructive behaviour – domesticated animals, captive animals and humans living in high-density population centres or isolated towns and villages with in-bred populations.

Again, this is of no interest to nature. If humans don’t kill themselves off through climate change, overpopulation or nuclear war, nature dictates that they’ll find some other way.

On the male violence issue, sadly it IS a case of ‘black and white’. Human males overwhelmingly commit the greater majority of violence against women, children, other men, animals and nature. And I’m not interested in endless quibbling about the minority exceptions - as other posters here are trying to do.
Posted by Killarney, Friday, 28 February 2014 1:57:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I really enjoyed the read Ian until I read the posts and we humans pushed reality down your throat. I still think that nature can at least allow us a reprieve from the everyday media barrage of violence, chaos and aggression. Thanks for the reminder.
Posted by BOOMER, Friday, 28 February 2014 6:27:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The most dangerous spider's web can now be found in the Ukraine. It is a very big web and has many nations involved. Another huge web can be found in the Middle East and again it has entangled many nations.

And who is building these webs? The U.S. of course, it and its band of thugs and criminals who seek world control.

If you've not started on your nuclear shelter under the Hills Hoist, it's too late now, I'm afraid.

Time has run out!
Posted by David G, Friday, 28 February 2014 9:31:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HI boomer..we all go through stages
but we ALL ARE AN accumulation..OF our ways of living

http://www.macroevolution.net/karyotype.html

No one supposes that all the individuals of the same species are cast in the very same mould. These individual differences are highly important for us, as they afford materials for natural selection to accumulate, in the same manner as man can accumulate in any given direction individual differences in his domesticated productions.

—Charles Darwin, On the Origin of Species

anyhow..i thought i had nutted out this living..bio organism/we all are a part of...[i now see the universe as an amoebae]..SUNS AS nucleolus and planets as electrons ETC

U SEE..how the angels FALL from the heavens and played games
with gametes..i eveN SEE THEM JUST FOR FUN/MAKING man..'like is;

THE MORe..we graSP..THE WAY THE JOKE WAS PLAYED
the funnier IT GETS
http://www.macroevolution.net/human-origins.html

and the thiNG IS the godless reALLY GRASP THE JOKE
but those with the heart..were right all along

http://www.macroevolution.net/hybrid-hypothesis-section-6.html
Posted by one under god, Friday, 28 February 2014 10:33:12 AM
Killarney : On the male violence issue, sadly it IS a case of ‘black and white’. Human males overwhelmingly commit the greater majority of violence against women, children, other men, animals and nature. And I’m not interested in endless quibbling about the minority exceptions - as other posters here are trying to do.

Of course men are more violent than women because they are in general bigger and stronger than women which is why they get sent into combat in wars. It is an accident of nature that men are bigger than women if it were the other way around women would be the more violent gender. You do not get points for stating the obvious. Why would you feel the need to state the obvious? Perhaps you are trying to hurt men by making them feel ashamed of their physical advantage when no shame is appropriate. Trying to emotionally knobble men in this way is indeed an act of aggression.

Maybe you feel the need to hurt men for something which is not their fault (i.e. their size and strength) because you feel powerless not in regard to your physical disadvantage in relation to all men but in your emotional disadvantage to some men or one man in particular. Emotional inequality is your responsibility but perhaps it is easier to try and hurt men than to accept your responsibility for your own emotional weakness.
Posted by phanto, Friday, 28 February 2014 11:23:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nature is in a fine balance, and the more we ride roughshod over it, the sooner it will bite us in the hind end.
But, nature is not directly vindictive, but is only caught in a constant battle to adapt to 'natural' or 'un-natural' change, and such adaptation can and does produce unexpected (and unintended) consequences.
'We' are such a consequence; and the rest of nature is paying a heavy price for this eventuality.

The ultimate meaning of life? To tend the garden with care; or to ransack mercilessly until there is nothing left truly 'worth' saving?
Posted by Saltpetre, Friday, 28 February 2014 1:51:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19