The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Professor Chubb responds to Maurice Newman > Comments

Professor Chubb responds to Maurice Newman : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 23/1/2014

No one much is talking about 'settled science' any more in this field. The climate models have simply failed to predict the lack of significant warming.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Leave it to climate scientists fools like Chris Tunny, the incompetents at the BOM, the liars from Hadley and the IPCC and the pretenders like professor Tim Fannery.

Yeah sure they are guaranteed to get to the truth.
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 23 January 2014 1:24:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not pointless at all Curmudgeon.

There are those that distort and misrepresent the science (e.g. Tony Abbott's 'advisor' Maurice Newman) just as there are those who distort and misrepresent scientists like Professor Chubb.

You seem to agree:

"there are total loonies on the skeptical side as well as on the global warming side."

Dare I "presume" you (and the author of this piece) know who the movers and shakers of the 'Climate Science Coalition' are - here, in New Zealand, or internationally?
Posted by ozdoc, Thursday, 23 January 2014 4:13:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
oh dear another day at OLO and Don pendling to the Rubes. eh I've got some great young earth creationist lines for you to Don.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Thursday, 23 January 2014 8:15:01 PM
ozdoc: "There are those that distort and misrepresent the science (e.g. Tony Abbott's 'advisor' Maurice Newman) just as there are those who distort and misrepresent scientists like Professor Chubb."

Indeed, Maurice Newman mischievously is 'distorting and misrepresenting the science'. He does this merely by pointing out that there is no empirical scientific evidence that anthropogenic CO2 emissions cause dangerous global warming.

Unlike the 'climate science' advice given to Tony Abbott by political colleagues, Greg Hunt, Malcolm Turnbull and Ian MacFarlane who unquestionably believe in AGW, Maurice Newman is acting in the national interest by advising that there is no scientific or economic justification for retaining the Renewable Energy Target nor for spending billions of dollars on supposedly controlling the climate.

Professor Chubb shows that he is better at being an academic than being an applier of the scientific method, as he mistakenly believes that the AGW hypothesis has been substantiated.
Posted by Raycom, Thursday, 23 January 2014 11:46:13 PM
Tombee - Leave it to the scientists to sort it out? If you are happy to pay people for fluffing around fine but I am not! I fiercely resent my hard earned being used by people who are paid more than me to just have a good time.
Here is a thought start reducing education spending starting with University and research.In fact all that is needed is to not allow fringe benefits and have them pay tax. That would bring in a lot of money. I am sick of these bludgers, Barnaby was right pay em and they will research it!
Posted by JBowyer, Friday, 24 January 2014 7:16:21 AM
Did Professor Chubb post an article on Online opinion? Or somewhere?
I's be a lot more interested in what Australia's Chief Scientist has to say, than in either Don Aitken or Maurice Newman's opinion
Posted by Noel.Wauchope, Friday, 24 January 2014 11:52:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy