The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mandela is gone, but apartheid is alive and well in Australia > Comments

Mandela is gone, but apartheid is alive and well in Australia : Comments

By John Pilger, published 20/12/2013

What few of them heard was the postscript to Rudd's apology. 'I want to be blunt about this,' he said. 'There will be no compensation.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
individual, "Stop indoctrinating indigenous kids to hate."

Well said, but there is a whole victim industry of academics, bureaucrats and professionals who depend on that to put bread on their table.

Not to mention politicians who do the same but indirectly.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 21 December 2013 9:18:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy: "Stop indoctrinating indigenous kids to hate."

OTB: Well said, but there is a whole victim industry of academics, bureaucrats and professionals who depend on that to put bread on their table. Not to mention politicians who do the same but indirectly.

I'm glad that some people here are starting to think instead of their using old blinkered vision.

With complex problems there are ideas form many different people that may seem controversial at first but when looked at more closely have merit.

OTB is right with his post above, especially the PC crowd making everything so obtuse everyone is confused.

Foxy: the Australian Indigenous culture historically is the most primitive in the world. etc to,

They may be primitive by our standards but I doubt that anyone of us could survive in some of the extreme terrain Australia has to offer. We judge IQ by an educated Western Standard within our own Society. I really don't think it's fair to judge a Bushman by that Standard. "Think of the reverse situation here."

Now we have the problem of our Academics applying our standard to Primitive People all over the World. I think it's fair to apply that Standard to Urban Indigenous as most have lived in an Urban environment for at least 3 or more generations.

Unfortunately the generation coming up want to regress to bush standards but keep all the benefits of urban living. Most of the Indigenous people I know & have grown up with are fine, have jobs, keep clean houses & speak properly, some have turned into "Burrys" & work the Welfare System, now speak Burry & complain about how badly "Whitey" treats the "Black Feller." They have been brainwashed by indigenous Academics in the various agencies who make a living out of stirring these people up.

More to come. Gotta go.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 21 December 2013 10:59:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jayb,
It's not so much indigenous academics doing all the harm, it is being orchestrated by leftwing do-gooder academics who have no concept of normalcy, decency & integrity in society.
I know of one personally who exploited a couple of indigenous communities by promising them to write "their" history. The end result was a tearing up of old wounds & pontificating on word of mouth injustices. Needless to say both communities are now so far regressed that many of us can not see any hope of regaining their former community spirit.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 22 December 2013 10:25:36 AM
Indy: It's not so much indigenous academics doing all the harm, it is being orchestrated by left wing do-gooder academics who have no concept of normalcy, decency & integrity in society.

Thanks Indy, I think that's what I was trying to say.

The Urban Indigenous are jumping on the band wagon, making lots of noise & using outback Indigenous & Bush people to get advantages for themselves in the cities.

The Left wing Academics make good money out of stirring the past without citing any improvements. That way the Indigenous Agencies & the Academics make a good living.
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 22 December 2013 11:18:34 AM
"Wilcannia's other distinction is that the Cuban government runs a literacy programme there, teaching young Aboriginal children to read and write. This is what the Cubans are famous for – in the world's poorest countries."

Bwhahaha. The Local Land Council uses a reading program which was BASED ON a Cuban literacy program. The Cuban Govt is NOT running a literacy program in Australia. LOL
Posted by Atman, Sunday, 22 December 2013 9:26:52 PM
Pilger is an ideological dinosaur, stuck in an outdated neo-Marxist matrix which governs his perception of the world, with a high degree of selectivity. Of course, to some extent we are all necessarily guilty of selectivity, being fallibly human, but few people I have known are as committed to exclusion of whatever does not support their peculiar Weltanschauung as Pilger. This means that he is in the end of no great relevance as a commentator on affairs. But his peculiar little piece on race relations in Australia has at least had the effect (unintended, I'm sure) of provoking some, often thoughtful, reflections on the subject in OLO. So even a Pilger can be of some use.

Tonyo
Posted by tonyo, Sunday, 22 December 2013 9:53:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy