The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On Gillard's 'Jack the Ripper' card > Comments

On Gillard's 'Jack the Ripper' card : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 19/10/2012

No-one does sexism like Labor.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I think political commentary and comedy have much in common. There are some obvious commonalities, and there are some that are more subtle. In both cases, I'd suggest that the old truism 'timing is everything' is valid.

I think Mr Terpstra makes some valid points, though they are awash in a sea of invalid points. Sadly, they come perhaps a week too late. Am I the only one who is tired of this 'he said/she said' misogyny/sexism bickering? Those who hang onto it even a day too long begin to reek of bitterness. They appear to be unable to let go and move on, and they bring others down with them.

I'm no fan of Julia Gillard, and I think her speech - though very well-presented - was rather bereft of substance. It shows the power of rhetoric, the power of emotive language and the power of a careful ambush. There's no way she thought of that on her feet, but Abbott walked into in anyway. He walked out with egg on his face. What he and his followers need to do is wipe the egg off, smile and move on.
Posted by Otokonoko, Friday, 19 October 2012 8:21:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Juliar should be in the same class with Alan James after such wonderful porkies "there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead", The East Timor solution etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 20 October 2012 2:43:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Find myself taking no pleasure whatsoever, from being quite literally forced to agree, with Ms Shepard!
And can only add, recycled, revisited, re-echoed, risible, repetitious, ridiculous, repugnant, recidivist, mendacious verisimilitude?
But then, what else can one expect from a group, who'se averaged or combined IQ, is rarely if ever, much higher than average ambient temperatures?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 20 October 2012 11:31:22 AM
But then, what else can one expect from a group, who'se averaged or combined IQ, is rarely if ever, much higher than average ambient temperatures?

And when you leave the average will increase.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 21 October 2012 4:19:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy