The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gay marriage: a lawyer's response to the doctors' concerns > Comments

Gay marriage: a lawyer's response to the doctors' concerns : Comments

By Costa Avgoustinos, published 17/5/2012

Are Doctors for the Family just stalling, because time, not arguments, is all they have?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Hi there,

Love your article. I agree that Doctors For Family have brought shame on the Australian medical profession by claiming that they have health grounds for their anti-marriage equality stance. They have rather flimsy "evidence", which you rightly point out is barely evidence at all.

It made me so angry, I started by own group - Doctors for Marriage Equality. We have a facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/DoctorsForMarriageEquality

I've started a petition for Australian doctors and medical students to sign in support of marriage equality - and I have a list of actual evidence to back up our stance, on health grounds. The petition is located here: http://www.change.org/petitions/australian-government-doctors-for-marriage-equality but please don't sign unless you are a doctor or a medical student -we want to keep this as a direct rebuttal to the Doctors for Family.

I'm proud to announce that as of this morning, we have 546 confirmed Australian doctors and 196 medical students willing to stand up for marriage equality - that more than 3 times the 150 doctors "for family".

Please spread the word - not all doctors are anti-equality!
Posted by Dr Amanda Villis, Monday, 21 May 2012 3:12:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
good on you Amanda, I wish you success
sadly I have no medical qualifications so can't sign your petition
Posted by Rhian, Monday, 21 May 2012 3:42:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amanda, thank you.
Posted by Kipp, Monday, 21 May 2012 6:43:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy