The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > From Father Christmas to the governing class > Comments

From Father Christmas to the governing class : Comments

By Christopher Monckton, published 9/12/2011

Letter dictated by Santa Claus to Christopher Monckton as they both attend the Climate Change Conference in Durban

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Aaah … the soooo publicity-seeking Monckton again! His own peers have vetoed him. He apparently knows more about science than the actual scientists. The best way to deal with Monckton is to ignore him. Folks, he is not even one of us to sweat over his unscientific & outrageous climate views. Stay back in England, Monckton.
Posted by Jolly, Sunday, 11 December 2011 8:59:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bonmot, thanks for that. The trouble is that once a conspiracy theorist, always a conspiracy theorist, and no matter how much hard evidence is placed before them, nothing can make them amenable to reality. It is like trying to convince a creationist that the world is somewhat older than 6000 years, it just isn't ever going to happen. None are so blind as those who will not see.
Posted by VK3AUU, Sunday, 11 December 2011 9:00:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
vk3auu - once again accusing people of his favorite conspiracy, that climate skeptics do not believe the climate changes, or that it is getting warmer.

Of course the climate changes and it is getting warmer, naturally, since the last ice age.

There may be some additional input from land clearing, but the fallacy that increasing atmospheric CO2 is linked to AGW is quite suspect and certainly not proven.

Will a huge tax in Australia fix this situation? Highly unlikely and I wait to see if the income from the tax is used for anything other than political pork barreling - the ALP have no interest in the world beyond being in power.

Glaciers melt, well yes, I believe 10 out of 5,500 are melting in the Himalayas .. man the canoes!

So what? We have had an increase in temperature world wide of less than 1 degree C in the last 150 years, which sounds pretty gosh-durned stable to me .. but I'm not prone to hysterics. Even if they all melt, that's life and it goes on and we will adapt.

TBC 1 of 2
Posted by rpg, Sunday, 11 December 2011 11:40:59 PM
2 of 2
I'd prefer to see us all adapting to the climate, rather that this folly of trying to keep it at some arbitrary temperature setting, which appears to be what the majority of AGW believers want to do.

So accustomed are we in daily life to controlling things, surely we can control something trivial like the climate? (that's sarcasm)

The believer reaction is to always lambast the skeptics, as if that will convince anyone, I'm sure it makes them feel better. It doesn't convince anyway of anything except the believers have suspended logical thought processes.

How do you reconcile the whole Durban event is based on redistribution of wealth, with science? Clearly the attendees are all of 2 camps, those with $ and those without who would like some. So we're going to redistribute the wealth, and if you know your world history, you will know it will all end up back with the original owners of the money anyway.

You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, not can you bootstrap people to a higher level of civilization by showering them with money.

I do note though at Durban, the money is not going to countries directly, it goes to the UN first .. wow, there's a bunch of bureaucrats who will of course do the right thing.

I don't remember voting for the ALP to give up sovereignty to the UN, do you?
Posted by rpg, Sunday, 11 December 2011 11:42:08 PM
Father God must do nothing but laugh at the mother earth worshippers whose doctrine and prophecies are shattered every day. It is quite amusing to read of their church gatherings in different parts of the world preching their counterfeit faith. No shame needed for that religion as every prediction proves false or deceitful. The money to be made by the high priests would even make crook American evangelist cringe.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 11 December 2011 11:47:37 PM
"rather that this folly of trying to keep it at some arbitrary temperature setting, which appears to be what the majority of AGW believers want to do."

Really? Do you really believe that they care about the climate, Rpg?

Their only intention, and there never was any other, is to take your money and give it to their ilk, because they are unable/unwilling to make a living productively, like to waste on luxuries and especially cannot miss flying to conferences to talk a lot and stroke each other's egos. This specific operation, one of many, is code-named "AGW".
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 12 December 2011 12:14:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All