The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Marriage attacked and defended > Comments

Marriage attacked and defended : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 18/8/2011

When a news organisation appears to deliberately misrepresent or ignore and event we are witnessing bullying of the worst kind.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. All
Raycom states 'Secondly, has she forgotten that homosexuals were responsible originally for spreading a fatal STD that is now known as HIV?'

Sorry but HIV (and its resultant mutation into AIDS) was not originally the responsibility of the gay community.

HIV was a human developed (although unintended) virus mutation when the Polio Vaccine was developed and tested in Southern Africa in the late 1940s and 1950s. Blood and tissue was derived from Resces monkeys, unknowingly containing molecular material that mutated into the HIV virus when infused with other human genetic materials and synthetic materials and then tested on human recipients of the early Polio vaccine.

HIV was spread hetrosexually originally (and still is) but due to transmission characteristics its rampant spread emerged in the Gay community and still is.

Perhaps Raycom should limit his/her comments around facts.

for the record I am happily married hetrosexual man
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Thursday, 18 August 2011 2:03:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Some people can't tell the difference between dogs and human being's"

But why shouldn't I be able to marry my dog?

Surely such a marriage would not harm any children/puppies who may grow up with a father and a mother!

In fact, one ingredient that is so important in a child's development is... grandparents! Shall we also ban the marriage of orphans?

(and again for the record, I do not support the state sanctioning homosexual marriage - I want the government to step right out of the whole area of marriage, and out of many other areas of life as well)
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 18 August 2011 2:12:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marriage is between a Man and a Woman - all the other distorted dressed up abominations are what we as normal hetrosexual people expect from individuals who strive to disrupt this wonderful bond that is natural and not perverted. Having just celebrated 28 years of marriage, it is without doubt my own oppinion, that so called same sex unions are wrong and just because they badger anyone who stands up to them, doesn't make it right. It used to be a democracy where individulas had a say and the majority carried - these self indulgent individuals are perverting democracy and our very way of life by railroading our law makers into accepting their self centred ambitions. Well done anyone who stands for REAL Marriage between a MAN and a WOMAN.
Posted by Floody, Thursday, 18 August 2011 2:53:40 PM
MartinS
You attack Simon for claiming to know what Christians think. He at least quotes evidence. You don't. I'm a [straight, married] Christian and I support gay marriage, as do many of the Christians I have discussed the issue with.

And you're right, polls alone don't determine what should be lawful. That’s especially true when we're dealing with minority rights that can too easily be swamped by majoritarianism. That’s why Muehlenberg’s argument that “homosexual activists never like to abide by the will of the people” is without substance.
Posted by Rhian, Thursday, 18 August 2011 3:00:18 PM
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12485#215694

Vanna, i hear what you are saying there, but that is a thin end of the wedge position. IVF is not so much of a problem as is its easy availability "on medicare" at taxpayers expence.

many heterosexual couples are infertile today simply because the feMANazis encouraged them to put having children off, until it was too late.

the clock starts ticking at age 27 & the stats get exponentially worse for all types of negative outcomes after that, so by age 33 natural conception is almost miraculous.

it may not be PC to say this but some human females have completly finished puberty at age 12, every day after that their reproductive organs & eggs are getting older.

Also for males each day after puberty your sperm is getting older, is being exposed to any toxins that may be in the environment or workplace around you, are being exposed to genetic damage.

several hundred years ago British law dictated that all inheritance must go to the first born son. Could one of the reasons for this have simply been the likelyhood that children born earlier in the marriage are less likely to be deformed or abnormal?

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12485#215702

RObert, http://www.rense.com/general32/americ.htm all of this is worth a look robert, but pay particular attention to #20 to #28.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12485#215708

DavidL, exactly why should GLBT people shove their lifestyle on others? expect them to change to suit their lifestyle choices?

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12485#215710

Simon Butler, another twisted survey in which GLBT people & their PFLAG fellow travellers are questioned to give a result which is out of step with what 83% of the population want.

partTimeParent, spot on.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12485#215712

diver dan, true, http://www.rense.com/general32/americ.htm have a good look at all of it but #26 in particular.
Posted by Formersnag, Thursday, 18 August 2011 3:15:08 PM
Dear Floody,

Congratulations for your 28th wedding anniversary and also for demonstrating so clearly why democracy is wrong.

Surely if a majority of citizens were to attack YOUR way of life, for example by railroading law makers to outlaw communion and to force priests to testify in court of what they heard in confession, then you wouldn't be as happy about democracy either!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 18 August 2011 3:21:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18