The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > US grand strategy > Comments

US grand strategy : Comments

By David Chibo, published 16/6/2010

The US’s grand strategy is to keep its economic supremacy by maintaining its position as world banker turned venture capitalist.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
While not reflecting directly on your thesis, I'm not sure a US grand strategy exists.

The US seems essentially ungovernable, with the power held in the states or by special interest groups. Traveling in the USA, I am stuck by how utterly different many of the constituent states are - which may as well be different countries.

Whatever may appear as strategy seem to be the dominance of one set of interests over another at a particular point in time given particular circumstances.

Is it a USA strategy, or a set of interests, systems and deeply embedded values that, in an unplanned yet seeming systematic way, generate observable patterns of "strategic" behavior.
Posted by Grant Musgrove, Wednesday, 16 June 2010 7:04:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grant it is not just the US involved in this."The New world Order" still being premoted by Obama involves Global Corporates ,Reserve Banks,British and European Govts.The US has the military might so the focus is there.The idea is to possess all the enegy and resources around the planet and bring in a one world Govt.Currently the USA is trying to starve Russia and China of energy and resources.This is a recipe for war.

Surprise ,surprise Afghanistan has over $ trillion in natural resources.Lithium is needed in the battery industry and they have lots of it but it is in Taliban territory.So they announce that the Afghanis can now been weaned of the poppy seeds which supplies 90% of the World's heroine.The Taliban in 2000 has stopped all the production of heroine.Remember the heroine drought? The Taliban need the poppy seed revnue to buy weapons form the arms dealers.So like all wars,the banks and arms dealers sell to both sides.

Make money from killing and destroying,selling arms,selling drugs,getting contracts to rebuild,sell medicine for wounded soldiers,stealing energy and resources all for greed and power.Aren't humans nice beings?
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 17 June 2010 8:40:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with the writer that there does exist a grand US strategem, but not for the same reasons.

And it's good that there is because I can't imagine a world without the Anglo system of values in charge.

Anglo's are the parents of this human family, the non-westerners are like disabled children. Asia has caught up economically, but thier values are like faeces - with such horrid practices - sex slavery for one. Sickening stuff.

Arab values, well...no need to even speak about those.

I hope the US expands if anything, and what brilliance that the British Empire has evolved with the times. The Brits used to dominate everything, but then made colonies. Now, one of those colonies, the US, has outshone the Master.
Posted by Benjam1n, Sunday, 20 June 2010 7:56:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy