The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Buddhism and Science > Comments

Buddhism and Science : Comments

By Ian Nance, published 21/4/2010

It is less a religion than a lifestyle. It is centred around psychology, philosophy and spirituality, and sits very comfortably alongside regular scientific research. How?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I think atheism, like theism, might be an admirable thing if it were free-standing--vested in genuine insight, intellect, conviction, and not merely partaking of a currently popular world view. That's why I'm an agnostic. Like the Buddha, I want to be free of all ideologies.
Posted by Squeers, Thursday, 22 April 2010 9:23:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see Pelican, an attack on the God you are answerable is alright in your eyes but an attack on your belief system is 'hateful name calling". This sort of thinking is as logical as that of a highly designed earth coming about as a result of chance.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 22 April 2010 11:07:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner
I am not sure if you are deliberately misinterpreting these posts. How can I attack something which does not exist?

How do you know your God exists?

I understand if you are unable to come up with an answer, I don't think anyone could other than having faith in what someone else has told them or what one has been taught.
Posted by pelican, Friday, 23 April 2010 2:27:37 PM
Pelican unlike you and many others I am prepared to admit that my belief is a faith based position. Those who believe evolution are totally dishonest when claiming their position is not faith based as shown by your lack of explanation for beginnings and blindness towards design.
Posted by runner, Friday, 23 April 2010 7:53:39 PM
Dear o dear, Runner. Evolution has nothing to do with faith; it is the best, most reasonable, most evidence-based explanation of life on Earth. If you bothered to humble yourself (it's not all about us humans), take your blinkers off and actually read about it, you might even be inspired---who knows where it will end?. There is no 'design'--the very notion belittles the cumulative ingenuity, and yet simplicity, of natural selection.
Sorry cobber, but we ain't the centre of everything (get over it); if we do live forever, we'll be keeping pretty mean company :-)
Posted by Squeers, Friday, 23 April 2010 8:23:49 PM
Squeers

You are also one prepared to bend your observations to fit your dogma. You call that science, I call it deceitful.
Posted by runner, Friday, 23 April 2010 8:43:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy