The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to end impunity for Suharto's crimes in Indonesia and Timor-Leste > Comments

Time to end impunity for Suharto's crimes in Indonesia and Timor-Leste : Comments

By Celestino Gusmao, published 6/7/2016

Meanwhile, the principal architects of the crimes remain free in Indonesia, some of them still in positions of power. Several have run for President of Indonesia.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
" US leaders who supported crimes against humanity in Indonesia and elsewhere..."

That would have to be categorised as a wild, unsubstatiated comment. To my knowledge, no US leader has ever supported "crimes against" humanity, anyway. Whatever problems Timor has, it is the Timorese who have to solve them. Australia cannot afford to fix failed states any longer.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 6 July 2016 4:17:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,
"Wild, unsubstantiated comment"? You must be kidding.
http://williamblum.org/essays/read/overthrowing-other-peoples-governments-the-master-list
I'm pretty sure ASIO even helped the CIA with the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot.

I do agree with you completely that we need to worry about ourselves.
What about whats happening in the Philippines at the moment too...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 7 July 2016 3:39:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

No. I am not kidding. Why would I be?
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 July 2016 10:12:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy