The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are Kevin Rudd and Labour putting the Australian public at risk by not supporting America

Are Kevin Rudd and Labour putting the Australian public at risk by not supporting America

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Actually Pale, I was quoting gibo.

I'm not actually up to speed with the ALP policy on same sex rights. It may be selfish, but it's not an issue that really concerns me, so I haven't followed it too closely.
If I was to be presented with a decision I'd certainly support it.
I suspect it's more of a conscience issue that doesn't follow party lines, in a similar manner to stem cell research.
I also suspect, that the ALP would be more supportive than the liberals, though I don't have the numbers of supporters and opponents.

Funnily enough, the same-sex rights issue was brought up among members of the liberal party - some were for and some against. It hasn't really been resolved, though senior Libs had to play their hand.

Turnbull and Ruddock were supportive. Turnbull didn't surprise me though Ruddock did. That's one of the rare times I've agreed with him.

Predictably, Abbott and Andrews were opposed. Howard didn't have to declare his hand, though the punters reckon he's more likely to side with those pushing for more same-sex rights.
Good on him.

As far as your comment pale:
"Really I didnt know labour were pro Homo rights.
Are they? bloody Hell. Tell us more please"

I take it then, that the PALE organisation doesn't have many gay members.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 17 October 2007 10:42:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy