The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How to Reduce CO2 Emmisions by 43% ?

How to Reduce CO2 Emmisions by 43% ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
A while back I asked a similar question but never got a clear answer.
As far as transport fuels are concerned both major parties seem to be
putting their bets on electric cars.
Assuming diesel use will not be restricted by 43% or else the problems
we have at the moment will be child's play compared.
Electric cars will not fall in price as fast as the optimists predict.
That means that the vast majority of present cars will still be on the
the road come 2030 especially if only EVs are on sale.

That gives the government of the day three options to achieve 43%.
1. Deregister cars older than so many years.
2. Introduce petrol rationing by 43% plus the amount diesel generates.
3. The government subsidise EVs by $20,000 approx each.

I just cannot see any government being able to put that over the public.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 29 January 2022 5:54:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I saw a brand new Tesla down the street from me getting put on a tow truck the other day, so I'm in no hurry to get rid of my old turbo diesel. There are so many possibilities. It would be nice to think of evs with fold out solar arrays for when you are parked, but viable chemical processes may yet be found to utilise cellulose, so I would think some sort of hybrid. The renewable energy lobby is a front for spivs and cons, using climate change hysteria to push their nonsense. The energy that should be developed is nuclear. Unlike renewable energy, it has the potential to replace coal based power. No wonder the renewable crooks are so dismissive of it.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 30 January 2022 6:53:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You will never get a "clear answer", because there isn't one, and the government is obviously "able to put that over the public" with the greatest of ease, the public being either complacent or terminally thick.

The 'public' believes corrupt scientists, carpetbaggers and the media. Intelligent people who read and investigate for themselves laugh at this CO2 emissions tripe, knowing that a rise in CO2 follows temperature rise, not the other way around.

Electric cars are toys for rich green activists raking in the dough from the rest of us, while belting out more emissions than we do, including those from the manufacturing of their EVs. Their toys and renewable energy use more power than they produce.

Follow the money. The big beneficiaries of net zero will clearly be the genocidal billionaire Beijing communists and their Western camp followers. The rest of us will be the losers.

The whole climate change by CO2 racket is a repeat of such ignorance as flat Earth, bleeding the sick, leeches in medicine, sun rotating around the Earth, malaria and plagues caused by bad air and, more recently, duodenal ulcers caused by stress.

Human induced global warming is simply not supported by measurable geological evidence. But, our stupid politicians are allowing green activists and scammers to destroy economies based on a 0.8° temperature rise over the last century and a SPECULATED rise of 2° over the next century.

And the dopey public just is not interested.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 30 January 2022 8:09:31 AM
In the UK in 2008, the idea of putting caps on the amount of 'carbon' (actually carbon dioxide) each person could 'use' (emit) to heat their homes, purchase food, and travel to work. It was rejected.

But, just last year, it was suggested (Erini F. F et al) that this off-the-planet piece of totally lunatic totalitarianism be revisited.

It would probably be impractical, but the suggestion alone highlights the sort of nutbags associated with climate/CO2 hysteria.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 30 January 2022 11:14:02 AM
Dear Fester,

Yes hybrids are starting to look really viable.

The Mitsubishi Eclipse PHEV has been out for a bit already. The 55KM range of the battery would probably cover trips around town most days and I have been told from an owner it is a big help when towing a caravan, especially on the occasional steep climb.

It recharges from braking and the torque it delivers is apparently impressive.

http://www.drive.com.au/reviews/2022-mitsubishi-eclipse-cross-phev-review/
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 30 January 2022 12:21:13 PM
ttbn, I mostly agree with you on the spivs surrounding global warming.
The market for carbon certificates sold by people who have saved a bit
of co2 was early in the piece where all the Russian Oligarchs got
all their money.They took over decrepit Soviet factories that couldn't
survive after the Soviet collapse and scrapped them.
They then claimed from the European CO2 market credits for the co2 saving.
Stand by for a Chinese repeat of that scam.
The best we can do is keep as far away as possible.

However I disagree that electric cars are part of the scam.
The oil companies have reached the point where search and discovery of
new oil fields and the subsequent development has become a marginal
operation to the extent that majors like Shell & BP are publically
notifying that they are getting out of the oil industry.

The last thing the motor manufacturers wanted is to throw $billions
at a total reconstruction of their product but somewhere near 2015
the oil companies must gave given them the drum.
Suddenly they all announced electric car models.
See any dots that need connecting ?
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 30 January 2022 1:24:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy