The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dont forget the farmers...

Dont forget the farmers...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Yabby,

Just a minor point about the anti-boycott laws, if they had been in place even five years ago, the campaign against James Hardie for compensation over asbestos related diseases would not have been able to work. Instead Hardie would be entitled to sue the protestors for any lost revenue.
Posted by James Purser, Sunday, 2 September 2007 2:10:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
James, I have not studied the law to the endth detail, to agree with
you or not.

What I do know is that Costello is a reasonable and intelligent
fellow. The attack, which a multi national organisation like
Peta orchestrated on the sheep industry, was an absolute scandal.

The truth did not seem to matter, their agenda was followed with
relative impunity. If the law is changed so that this sort of
attack does not happen again, then I applaud Costello for
assisting to protect Aussie farmers against these scoundrels.

Costello is not beyond approach. If his suggested law can
be reworded to achieve its objective (which is about the Peta
case), yet still alay your concerns about cases like which
you mention, then I suggest that you approach him with your
ammended suggestions to the proposed law
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 2 September 2007 2:45:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Councilor Yabbs.

RECostello~s law

I don’t have to do anything.

Spoke with a couple of lawyers. They will challenge it because it’s the start to the end of Freedom of Speech in Australia and for that reason only. “Their horrified” James is right

. Thanks PETA you fools – Help open plants!

ICE-

Yabby I have compassion for The Elderly, Animals, Aboriginal people even you.).. None for Druggies!

It’s self inflicted.

Happy to provide rehabilitation centers with WORK.

Sir Yabbs Says

Pale, under our free speech laws, you still can't say whatever you
like about people and destroy their reputation.

Oh Gee Yabbs. I am really scared now. Does this mean I can’t call Live Exporters the lowest form of life anymore? I am shaking at the knees?

Yabb`s Says
Ask Fletcher, he can't get untrained workers
in West Australia
Pale replies
First you say you cant get them because they are all on ice- Now its changed to – there are plenty. Yabb`s have you been drinking that wine again?

Rodger always says live exports will die anyway because of the ships. I disagree.

Yabby said
The AMIEU are not screaming about the live trade, but about 457
workers.
PALE replies
No they are NOT screaming about Live Exports Yabby. They were INSTRUCTED to” back off live exports!”

Yabby said
. At the present time, to send a sheep down a meat chain
in Aus, often costs more then the sheep is worth in the marketplace.
Labour cost is the biggest issue

PALE replies-

WHO~S fault is that?

Yabby said

No reason that Labour can't be flexible and
seasonal, using overseas seasonal labour. Its better then sending
off billions in overseas aid, as its a win-win situation all round

Pale replies

Absolutely agree one hundred percent with you.

Yabby said
but anyhow, you are feeling to dream on about whatever you like :)

PALE replies- Thank You kind Sir). I know something you don’t). I am DYING to tell you but have to wait.

YABBYSAID

There are 3 plants on the drawing board in WA.

PALEReplies
Which areas- please?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 2 September 2007 7:17:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"First you say you cant get them because they are all on ice- Now its changed to – there are plenty. Yabb`s have you been drinking that wine again?"

Actually, if you reread my posts, I never said that at all.

So it must be all that Bundy thats the real problem :)
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 2 September 2007 7:50:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby,

The thing is, the laws were not about the PETA case, the coalition has had a passion about secondary boycotts for a lot longer than PETA has been harrassing the Australian Wool Industry.

I personally don't believe that Peter Costello would change the laws unless it was shown to be in the political interests of his party, but thats just me, however it would be interesting to see what he would have to say if such an amendment was presented.(and remember to take everything I say with a grain of salt, senatorial ambitions and all that).
Posted by James Purser, Sunday, 2 September 2007 8:58:29 PM
James

I agree with you and I personally take exception to Costello giving over a billion dollars in grants to a organisation that has been named amd shamed as having huge interests in the cruel live Animal trade.
One billion dollars in grants has been awared to Elders the Live Exporters along with Optus to install comminication.
We may need comminication but Elders dont have to be the ones awarded the funds.
There has been millions of dollars of the peoples money paid out in the past to conduct enquiries into this cruel trade. Each enquiry has come back with stop live animal exports without delay. that was years agoyet the tall poppies still push on and the Governments fear loosing their support from these monsters so ignore their own enquires.
RSPCA are sreaming about this trade and I see this law gagging the public from speaking out as criminal. RSPCA were warned if the protested against Live exports around election time they would loose their tax deduction. Now this! They are desperate to gag RSPCA and anybody who helps the animals.
Lets face it James- What is a group?- A group of people.
Yabby
you say you have tried to assist in re opening plants. Fair enough if you say so I guess I will have to take your word for it.
Seems to me you cant answer a simply question.
So I dont think you are all that interested to be honest.
You keep going on about the Mines.
Let me assure you they will run out one day and regardless we need food to feed the nation.
People who think sanctions are just in other countries have a great deal to learn.

Country Girl. I received your long email and found it interesting. I sent you a reply and an invitation to meet with people from Saudi re all types of farming.
Did you receive it?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 5 September 2007 5:15:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy