The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We Have To Talk About Western Australia

We Have To Talk About Western Australia

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
A new poll by the Centre for Independent Studies brought out the alarming attitude of West Australians.

The poll canvased the loyalties of citizens to their country vs their state.

NSW 94% Australia first, 6% state first

Vic 80% Australia first, 20% state first

SA 81% Australia first, 19% state first

Qld 78% Australia first, 22% state first

WA 46% Australia first, 54% state first.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 10 September 2021 11:20:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good on them: let alone why would anyone want to be ruled by others, but why would anyone prefer to be ruled by others that live 1000's of kilometers away?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 10 September 2021 4:48:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Western Australia is far away. It's isolated,
and over a 3 hour flight to reach the nearest
Australian city - Adelaide.

However it is less touristy, and much more
laid back. Has the best climate - the highest
average daily sunshine hours at a bonza 8.8 hours.

It has easy access to beaches, islands, and nature
reserves.

Supposedly it has a fast growing economy particularly
in tech due to its proximity to Asia. It's our largest
exporter of iron ore. I guess it is an acquired
taste. For most people it would be too isolated
with not enough to do - but each to their own.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 10 September 2021 8:27:00 PM
ttbn- I would think a better question would be whether their allegance is to the the state, the country, the world. Interesting point though.
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 10 September 2021 9:38:54 PM
I would have left for WA today on a wildflower tour had it not been for Covid and Mad McGowan's erratic behaviour and sudden closing of the border at the drop of a hat. Perth is a nice city, as is the Stirling range. The Quokkas on Rottnest Island are worth seeing, and the wildflowers are spectacular. The problem is, the sandgropers have the idea that the the rest of Australia owes them, and they resent us. The government also gets along with China better than it does with the rest of Australia.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 10 September 2021 11:20:22 PM
I haven't been to WA since my jet flying training at RAAF Pearce, in 1959. Perth was a was a nice city then.

I guess the West Ozzies are getting sick of having to prop up the 2 failed states, SA & Tasmania, both of whom have contributed to their impecunious state with crazy economy busting laws.

Losing most of their GST payment, & paying our foreign exchange deficit with their iron ore & gas exports could get a bit tiring after a while.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 10 September 2021 11:42:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy