The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Juvenile Detention

Juvenile Detention

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Listening to ABC Radio a few minutes ago, they discussed the situation at the Don Dale correctional centre in Darwin. It was said that there are now more indigenous youths in detention than ever before. Some Scottish sound bloke raved on about the Govt lying & how bad the conditions are for the Kids/youths.
I haven't heard him nor the ABC presenter ask why these youths are there in the first place ? Are there only indigenous or are their others as well. No mention on that either.
What I would like to ask these overpaid commentators ask is, what answers do they get from these youths when they ask them why they're doing what they are incarcerated for & what would make them stop offending !
Why not sit down with these kids & ask them that instead of how discriminated against they feel ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 29 July 2021 9:03:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy,

They are in there for doing bad things, that's plain and simple. What you fail to grasp is why are children doing these bad things, and why do we have to lock them up. Like St Josephs is the training ground for tomorrows corporate leaders, places like Don Dale are the training ground for tomorrows criminal class. The problems for these kids begins long before they are institutionalised, it begins at birth. Disadvantage, poverty, lack of education, lack of opportunity, failure of the family unit. This environment of failure and disadvantage creates a vicious circle, only to be repeated generation after generation if real change does not take place. Don Dale is not a place of success, but an admission of failure on societies part. Tackle the root causes, then places like Don Dale will become redundant, but at the moment they are doing a roaring trade.

This must have you over the Moon, its those Darkies acting badly again and some Scottish sounding turkey had the audacity to "rave on" about it. Pack him off back to Scotland, and he can take all those troublesome Darkies with him. After all good white folk like you don't deserve such bother! The only concern you have is these Darkies might one day upset the serenity of your pampered lifestyle.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 July 2021 6:43:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
Reading your post makes it abundantly that the problem with such kids are people such as yourself, people full of hatred, envy & devoid of integrity. Sadly, you lot are the role models for these youngsters.
I would kick off a non-military National Service scheme with camps all over the country where they could spend time killing weeds & feral pests for a few months & develop some camaraderie & respect for effort. I guarantee that within three months each one of them would reach a mentality ten times better than yours !
Posted by individual, Friday, 30 July 2021 7:46:11 AM
Having spent time working in an aboriginal settlement building an accomodation and education centre, so children needed not be taken away from their parents in Alice Springs in the 1960s. You realise they need to be broken away from the camp influences if they are to advance into the Western society. Alcoholism, stealing and violence is common place in the camp, and children grow up in that atmosphere. It is the same in ghetos of Western society, no moral values or direction is given to children; however enlightenment happens occasionally to one or two who find a stable career - eg sports.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 30 July 2021 10:12:40 AM
"Why not sit down with these kids & ask them that instead of how discriminated against they feel?"

I suggest that we do nothing and stop talking about them. They are rubbish to be locked up so young, and they will always be rubbish and an insult to their race.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 30 July 2021 10:24:34 AM
if they are to advance into the Western society.
Josephus,
It is not for me to say or suggest the children should or should not "advance" (for want of a better word) into Western society.
What I will suggest is that, if there's no desire to change to the newer society than it'd be more advisable to keep compensating them to the point of health.
Those who are desirous of the commodities are already doing so however, they need to be exposed to the responsibilities that lead to that lifestyle.
People such as Paul1405 aren't teaching nor are they guiding, nor helping to make the youngsters realise that it is Merit & not endlessly bleating for the Govt to "close the Gap".
It is up to them & the Paul1405's to once & for all make up their mind if they actually WANT to close the Gap ! Presently, this "Gap" is nothing more than the line that separates they go-getters from the bring it to me-wanters !
If you want Western commodities then accept the associated responsibilities & sacrifice. If you rather laze away in the Sun go right ahead & see if you can take our useless bludgers & drug ridden morons with you
Posted by individual, Friday, 30 July 2021 10:30:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy