The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bruce Pascoe’s ‘Dark Emu’’ debunked

Bruce Pascoe’s ‘Dark Emu’’ debunked

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. 33
  10. All
Academics have debunked ‘Dark Emu’ , sorry that I can’t post links (new computer, that I have yet to.learn) but Google the title and plenty will come up.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 12 June 2021 9:42:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It was debunked before the ink was dry by Peter O'Brien, whose rebuttal of Pascoes' lies, 'Bitter Harvest' was published in 2019 and available from Quadrant Books.

Pascoe has been done over by several writers and commentators since; I don't know who these "academics" could be, but they have been pretty slow off the mark detecting the fraud.

Thanks for bringing it up, though.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 13 June 2021 1:39:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pascoe was clearly motivated by a desire to
redress the serial denigration of Indigenous
People. He drew attention to the fact that
Aboriginal people maintained the land in a
sustainable manner and cared for the environment.
He was persuasive - but then he's not only a writer,
but also a performer, an orator, a dedicated
storyteller in the old style.

I heard him speak at the State Library of Victoria.
You could have heard a pin drop that evening.
The audience was fascinated. Clearly it was something
they wanted to hear.

If anybody is interested they should
read the primary sources that
Pascoe gives. His Bibliography is impressive.

Those that are having a go at Pascoe's book now?
It seems they have their own agendas and
have signed up for their own reasons. Something to
keep in mind when considering their supposed
objectivity.

To me - Pascoe made readers view things in a different
light. And that in itself is worth a read and a follow
up.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 13 June 2021 2:26:39 PM
Is Mise

Pascoe's ridiculous claim to some connection with "aboriginality" has also been debunked by individuals and organisations with genuine claims to such connections. Investigations have revealed that this fake's ancestors are pure English.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 13 June 2021 2:46:20 PM
Issy, we had a 127 page or more discussion on this topic when Joe was with us. Why do you want to fire it up again? Another opportunity of trying to bucket on Indigenous people I suspect.

BTW, I bet you and the other detractors, unlike myself, have never read Pascoe's book. So anything you say is from a point of ignorance.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 13 June 2021 2:52:53 PM
What happened to the old folks home? Obviously no Parcheesi played there. If that's the case I wont be signing myself in! Goodbye Bluey.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 13 June 2021 5:18:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. 33
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy