The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > China and the Liberal Party

China and the Liberal Party

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
ASIO has assessed a Melbourne based Chinese business man as a security risk, the mans activities have been under investigation since 2016, he is now looking at deportation from Australia as a national security risk. That has not stopped senior government members from associating themselves with the person in question. The Chinese national Huifeng "Haha" Liu, is a Liberal Party donor and former soldier in China's People's Liberation Army. Mr Liu has been photographed with former Liberal Prime Ministers Howard and Turnbull and other top Liberals in government. Liu has been linked to federal Liberal MP Gladys Liu and Assistant Treasurer Michael Sukkar, along with several other prominent Liberals. Liu is also associated with an organisation called, 'The Australian Emergency Assistance Association', which claims to "assist" those of Chinese origins with police matters, and other legal problems. The organisation has 55,000 members operating through the popular Chinese website, 'WeChat', with a claimed 1,000 volunteers ready to assist "those in need", odd term. Mr Liu also has links though the Chinese assistance organisation with the Chinese CCP government.

The Opposition leader Anthony Albanese has said; "The Liberal Party needs to explain the connections which are clearly there and why it was that a senior minister of the Crown seems to have a relationship with this gentleman."

This guy is no ordinary businessman and the Liberal Party, does need to answer questions as to Mr Liu's access to government MP's and ministers.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 4 January 2021 6:15:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I TOLD YOU SO
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 5:58:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes you did Mr O, you did indeed.

BUT! If this guy is such a security risk to Australia, and I'm yet to see anything that says he's not, then we can't, and shouldn't, simply sweep this under the carpet. Several high profile Liberal politicians who were in a close relationship with this Chinese "business" man had access to sanative material related to national security. We have a right to question what these Liberals discussed with Liu and if the ASIO investigation encompassed these people as well. Gladys Liu and Michael Sukkar are both under a cloud, and should step down until cleared. Agree?

p.s I though of you when i put this up for discussion.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 6:17:56 AM
Paul1405,

And I also thought of ME when I saw it in the news yesterday.

This is only the tip of the iceberg and although those in The Forum's pro-China camp like Foul-Mouth, Foxy, david f, etc will scream "You're looking for Reds under the bed!" it is imperative that ASIO and the AFP start looking deeper into this matter.

Foul-Mouth indicated that there are about half a million non-Australian Chinese in Australia. Why so many? What are they doing here? How many are not non-Australian but are actually un-Australian?

I think that this Huifeng "Haha" Liu affair and the aggressive stance that China has taken towards Australia over the past few months supports my long time fears that China holds ill intentions towards Australia and intends to invade Australia are well founded.

So it will be interesting to see what Soot Morrison does re this new situation. Who is control of the country: Australians or Chinese?

If I had my way I would cancel the visas of all non-Australian (or un-Australian if you prefer) Chinese and send them packing because it looks to me that Australia and China are definitely locked into their personal Cold War and I think China is looking for an excuse to invade Australia so if that is the case the last thing we want is to have the enemy already inside the gates.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 6:57:35 AM
Dear Paul,

I'm not an expert on China however logically
thinking the only time I feel that China would attack
Australia is if we posed a military threat. China has
no motivation to do so. It has resources and can
obtain resources via trade. It has less compelling
population density pressure. Japan and India should have
more motivation to do so.

Our current government is standing up to the threats that
China is currently attempting. It is refusing
to be bullied. It is looking out for our own interests.
What happens next we shall have to wait and see.

A well thought out approach is always better than rushing
into something that we may later live to regret. Australia is
China's playground. Why would they want to destroy it?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 9:15:19 AM
Foxy,

I don't know where you get this idea that China is not suffering from overpopulation pressures and lack of resources.

Either you don't know much about geography or you are deliberately trying to divert attention away from Chinese motives for its territorial expansionism.

China would want to annex Australia primarily because it is a place rich in resources and is a place to which it can transmigrate its people to relieve pressures on resources.

What do you think should be done with this Huifeng "Haha" Liu who looks to me to be a political and military agent operating in Australia under the guise of a Chinese-Australian?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 5 January 2021 9:52:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy