The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mumbrella abandons comments

Mumbrella abandons comments

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Mumbrella, which is a media industry journal has abandoned its comment threads. The article makes an interesting read. Some of the same issues that have concerned us over the years, but we have always come to a different conclusion.

https://mumbrella.com.au/mumbrella-will-no-longer-publish-comments-why-weve-made-the-call-643436
Posted by GrahamY, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:07:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting. I agree you have made the right decision Graham.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 21 September 2020 10:33:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had never heard of mumbrella, but now that I have, I wonder how much other freedom of expression has disappeared that I don't know about.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 21 September 2020 11:04:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pretty sad that any online media source does not allow comments.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 22 September 2020 8:57:45 AM
At least one of last-chance commentators said that it meant goodbye from him; others will follow. You might as well stick to the Daily Rag if you can't find out what people other than the author think - or the ABC where only trained monkeys are allowed to comment. I watched what happened to "Mr. Jones" last night when he tried to tell the truth about Soviet Russia. Animal Farm got a guernsey in in the film, and the message was clear - history is repeating itself.

I did read the excuse written by the character who has closed down the Mumbrella comments. The smugness was sickening.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 22 September 2020 9:16:24 AM
Hi Graham,

Thanks for the link.

The article did make interesting reading.
And it did raise issues with which most of us
are concerned about the "poisonous well of
uneducated opinion and name calling" for example.

But as you point out - Thankfully, the forum
has come to a different conclusion.

I can't help but wonder whether the fact that the
business was sold to a US based events company -
"Diversified Communications" in 2017 has something
to do with their current stance - especially with
their presidential elections being just around
the corner.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 22 September 2020 10:10:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy