The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pauline`s New Party - Have your Say

Pauline`s New Party - Have your Say

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
How do you know this, Bazz? Did you go around the carriage and ask your fellow travellers whether they were Australians or not?

Or did you mean 'Anglo' or 'Caucasian' when you wrote "Australian"?

If so, that says much about you.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 20 August 2007 10:54:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ... you could try this. Go by tram from Vermont South to Melbourne CBD and see how many caucasians are on it, and how many of 'Indian' racial extraction.

This might not be an issue, except that they all speak a foreign language. So, the impression you get is that you have visited India, rather than simply travelled from point A to point B in Australia.

The simple unavoidable fact is... Australians (of any complexion or racial background) have to decide "What kind of Australia do we want"?

Once that is decided, only numbers and votes will decide the outcome or success or failure of that definition.

There is really not a lot to be gained by woffling on about 'fair go' because no matter how you cut the cake, there will be those who yell "Ohhhh its not fair".. so..thats life.

If we decide "We want a predominantly caucasian/Anglo/JudaoChristian flavored Australia".. then.. run with that, and if it has legs.. it will win.

To me, acceptance of any race is not an issue, I accept them. But what I DON'T accept is that the predominant Anglo/Caucasian racial/cultural fabric can be displaced by another. IF..... newcomers can assimilate and integrate and become a part of us, (while at the same time enriching our cultural/national experience with their own contribution) I'm fine with that. But when a tributary becomes a FLOOD it will overwhelm the main river and it will lose its definition.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 20 August 2007 12:32:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually CJ, you dont have to ask, just listen. If they speak english to their friends on the bus, they are Australian. If not, then not. If english is not their first language, then they should be practising it out in public as much as possible, the faster to learn.

Even amongst those of asian descent, it is usually not hard to pick those that most would refer to as Australian, rather than Asian. They speak good english with little accent (and usually speak english in public as a choice), they carry and groom themselves somewhat differently to those that are from their land of origin. I guess they appear more westernised. You could argue for a decade about whether this is a good thing or not, but from where I stand, if they blend into our society, then it doesnt matter a jot if they look a bit different (eg different facial features or whatever). Its the actions that count.
Posted by Country Gal, Monday, 20 August 2007 1:19:39 PM
I don't see any evidence of being "swamped". Maybe in some of the major cities, where most migrants understandably settle pehaps but generally no.

So whatever happened to all the Asian Triad gangs that were apparently terrorising us not so long ago?
Likewise, where are all the aboriginals cruising around in their new cars paid for by Government hand-outs?

Her mistake last time was targetting a couple of racial groups but now she sees more milage in taking on an entire religion.

Personally I think she's making another run because she's a bit short of cash and has spent the last 200-odd grand she got from the last attempt.

A vile and pathetic woman that deserves more pity than respect.
Posted by rache, Monday, 20 August 2007 1:21:57 PM
PALE...I don't give a toss what is uncalled for in regards to Hanson. But FYI, 'opportunistic dog' as in 'mongrel that sniffs out fresh blood and attacks'... Her and Germaine greer (the fem-nazi-bot scrag) could be mates.
Posted by StG, Monday, 20 August 2007 5:11:34 PM
She's a smart lady, that's what she is.

She has done her market research, and found that she can get an awful lot of $2.40-per-vote by tapping into the innate xenophobia of Boaz and his pals.

No doubt what the brand "Pauline" stands for, is there?

Nice work if you can get it. Beats serving chips.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 20 August 2007 8:00:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All