The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Police Investigating Police

Police Investigating Police

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
Is police investigating police an appropriate way to determine the circumstance when an officer shoots a citizen. Time and again these investigation lead to the total exoneration of the police involved. There is a perception among many that these internal investigations are biased in favour of the officer(s) involved. In fact many believe they are simply a whitewash.

Is it not time that when these tragedies occur, that an independent body at arms length from the police force investigates. In this way the perception of bias could be alleviated, and where necessary appropriate changes, even murder charges, can be forthcoming.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 November 2019 6:29:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Straw man argument, Paul. Of course there will be a Territory-appointed investigation into whether the bloke at Yuendumu was armed, whether or not he used his knife, and whether or not it was necessary to shoot him, etc.

Wait and see.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 14 November 2019 12:29:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They say it will be independent
Too he was armed
I think the verdict will be not guilty
But then I see something here others may not, in my life Police, [the younger generation] have shown signs of not seeing that everyone is not automatically a criminal
That leads to blinkered vision is a lot of matters HIGHLIGHT recent police shooting*of two performing a sex act** with what clearly they knew** was a toy gun
Watched a junior cop screaming scum, as he raced along a line of traffic [at smash site] at the local real estate man, for using his phone
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 November 2019 1:06:47 PM
Belly,

How did they know that it was a toy gun?
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 14 November 2019 1:53:15 PM
No more expensive quangos, thankyou. If there is any suggestion that internal investigations are iffy, government can, and do, appoint legally qualified people to look further. Unfortunately, given the riffraff abroad all the time, police shootings are inevitable. High ranking cops are more politician than policeman these days, and they are willing enough to throw a poor bloody constable protecting himself to the wolves if they get the slightest chance. Leave the police alone.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 14 November 2019 2:15:33 PM
Hi there LOUDMOUTH...

G'day Joe...

Being reluctant to even bother replying to anything the originator of this Topic, being in my opinion, the most reviled creature, ever on this Site -

I'll tell you this. Whether this bloke is guilty of murder as charged or otherwise, his career is finished in the job. The moment you decide to clear leather, you can rarely ever turn back, especially if involved in a critical incident, one that I've been in myself, on a number of occasions. Despite the offender being armed I'd always prefer to resort to a non-lethal option, of which a uniform copper have at their disposal, then an F/A. Insomuch you have seventeen ways to destroy your career entirely, and irrevocably change your life forever. Thanks Joe.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 14 November 2019 2:17:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy