The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Morrison So Far

Morrison So Far

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
In an article on the demise without trace, even among his ex-colleagues, of Tony Abbott, Paul Collits, referring to Morrison’s part in Abbott’s political execution, refers to his (Morrison’s) ‘immaculate talent’ for blending into the background when ‘blood is being spilled’.

This is a wonderful description of our PM-for-the present: ask him a question, he doesn’t answer. An issue on everyone’s lips (Isreael Folau), he doesn’t want to give it any more “oxygen” and scuttles away from the microphone.

I say PM for the present because, surely the Liberal party will soon realise that they went for a dud – if they haven’t already.

Morrison is the chief of a tribe of “political pygmies” who are not up to the task of dealing with a failing economy, threats from China and protection of free speech.

And on speech, it seems that you have to attend the Hillsong church to hear the PM say anything of relevance.

Conservative stalwart, ex-Liberal senator and ex-Treasury Secretary, John Stone has written that, while he takes nothing away from from Scott Morrison’s “canny, dogged and highly energetic campaign”, people did not so much vote for Morrison as they voted against Bill Shorten and his “threatening policy package”. Stone had previously said that the “Scott Morrison-led Coalition would NOT NORMALLY be worthy of our votes”. It was only Shorten who got the Coalition back in.

Morrison has not succeeded in regaining the Dis-Con vote. The Dis-Cons need to be convinced that they don’t just have a slightly less ‘Labor-lite’ government than the Turnbull version was. So far, Morrison has NOT shown that to be the case.

We remain burdened by the Paris Agreement and the climate change and carbon dioxide fraud; not to mention mass immigration, Recognition and the Voice, and other rip offs such as ‘corporate champions’ for PC change, who should be told to rack off and leave politics to politicians.

On Recognition, Stone gives a tick to Turnbull whom, he says, Morrison should follow by dismissing the “whole thing” as a bad idea that is never going to happen.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 15 July 2019 10:56:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear ttbn,

I think you underestimate ScuMo. I think he is a wanabe dictator and I think Peter Dutton would be over the moon to sit in as ScuMo's Heinrich Himmler.

I see where ScuMo has been summoned to the court of King Trump. Probably to explain why he seems to be in the pocket of the Chinese Communist Party. I don't think Trump likes the idea of being played for a patsy by ScuMo. I think Trump is going to let ScuMo know that he is either with the US or against the US and to make up his mind about it in a hurry!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 15 July 2019 11:42:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr. Opinion,

Oh, I agree that he wants to be a dictator - cabinet government went out the door when Turnbull took over, and he is getting to look a lot like Turnbull. But I can't agree with you on Dutton, whom I believe should have been prime minister. He's certainly not attractive, physically and personably, but he was what we needed after Turnbull.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 15 July 2019 2:45:11 PM
Mr O

"Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1";[2][3] that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends."

It seldom does anything but show the poster's feeble intellect.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 16 July 2019 7:14:02 AM
SM,

Very true; although I don't think Mr. Opinion's unfortunate reference to Dutton being a 'Himmler' falls into that category. He didn't actually use the word as a 'thought-terminating cliche' as used by the Left to shut up conservatives whose arguments they cannot foil.

I'm glad you brought it up, though. The more the Left in all forms realises that we are onto to their puny tricks the better. But, I find that the ones on OLO don't seem to read what other people actually write. Perhaps they are as incapable of comprehension as they are with arguing their positions?
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 July 2019 9:21:58 AM
Indoctrination foils thinking !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 July 2019 1:11:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy