The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > BUDJ BIM an Indigenous eel trap site added to World Heritage List!

BUDJ BIM an Indigenous eel trap site added to World Heritage List!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. Page 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32
  13. ...
  14. 89
  15. 90
  16. 91
  17. All
Well then, aboriginals were successfully building their own houses for thousands of years, why did they change that success story for one of abysmal failure of today's comparison with Government housing.

The government's Home Ownership on Indigenous Land program spend A$10 million on administration to provide A$2.7 million for just 15 loans. The program's target were 460 loans.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 13 July 2019 7:15:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, bulldust!
Again with the references.
Well you can bag me as much as you like, that's not going to EVER make me or anyone else with even the least bit of knowledge accept some of the stupid and rediculous numbers and so called facts, being thrown around by some people.
OK to make just one observation on the 60,000 to 80,000 year myth even try to stand up, tell me then where is all the evidence of all these 'wonders' these 'extremely intelligent' and 'capable' people lived by way back then?
If you are right they are supposed to have ascended to a level of social standing second to none compared to the developed world today.
According to you and your mates they had sophisticated systems of agriculture, aquaculture, farming, and lived in structures we would call houses today.
Apparently we have found evidence of sea going creatures in the central Australian desserts, even evidence of some form of dinosaur, but nowhere, nowhere is there ANY evidence of your womderous blacks to be found, and don't you dare bring up these rock circle findings, we have already debunked that stupid attempt at glorifying your black mates.
Foxy, in YOUR mind, you keep trying to put these people on pedestals and I'll keep knocking them down, back to earth, into reality and out of your mind and world of fantasy.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 13 July 2019 8:01:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If what I write offends you

1) I'm sorry.

2) It won 't happen again.

3) 1 & 2 are both lies.

4) You're a wa**er!

LOL.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 13 July 2019 8:07:27 PM
Here's some more food for thought:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jun/01/bruce-pascoe-teach-your-children-to-rebel-teach-your-children-to-doubt?page=with%3Aimg-2
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 13 July 2019 8:14:31 PM
Here is the Budj Bim Master plan:

http://www.monodesign.com.au/work/budj-bim-master-plan

As stated earlier the Andrews government has committed
millions for preserving and promoting Aboriginal
Heritage and in large part to complete the Master Plan for
Budj Bim in anticipation of an increase in global
attention to the World Heritage listing will bring.

Click on the site viewing - it looks impressive.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 13 July 2019 8:39:20 PM
Foxy,

"This vital book demonstrates with convincing evidence
often from early explorer's journals, that the Aboriginal
peoples lived settled and sophisticated lives here for
millennia before Cook..."

You don't get it, do you?

How could explorers' journals from the mid-1800s shew something that existed thousands of years before Cook; all that the journals shew is what their writers observed.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 13 July 2019 10:00:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. Page 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32