The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Investing in the share market wise or not?

Investing in the share market wise or not?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Nothing is ever perfect, and we are not talking about changing the system
Would willingly talk of changes to Capitalism, we may even get it after the crash
But how long how many hurt, and how do we recover this time, if world trade fractures
Not even close to being sure of any of that
But pain is coming, a lot to investors who refuse to see it coming
Some to very big firms who invested at the wrong time
We are told it is not possible for another great depression, but do not bank on it
Posted by Belly, Friday, 28 June 2019 12:02:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just listened to the BBC & they were talking about the success of the Chinese company Huawei.
Apparently, one of the main reasons for this success was that company policy rejected investors who merely wanted quick profit !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 29 June 2019 6:02:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy, how the hell do they identify or know if someone was going to make a quick profit.
Unless someone can give me some examples, even one will do, I will treat this latest announcement out, as just another piece of Chinese govt led BS, which is atypical of China.
My dealings with them, has always been over-rating the numbers, exaggerating.
Years ago I discussed the low quality of their products, predominantly manufactured goods. I was told through a go-between or interpreter, that it was not China who made low quality goods but the Western buyers who insisted on the cheapest price.
You make your own mind up as to the correct answer.
Then there was the yearly reporting of the grain quotas by farmers.
Every year at the same time they had to report their expected yield from their crops for that year.
Every year the reported tonnage rose, until the central govt intervened and the numbers came back to reality.
The farmers were scarred because Beijing had certain expectations and if you did not deliver at or higher than the previous year there were consequences.
I'm not saying that mentality still applies, but I am saying that the well entrenched habit of exaggeration is alive and well.
So I would clearly question Huawei's clam.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 29 June 2019 8:03:18 PM
Indy not sure that company can continue to be profitable
We and the USA hold concerns it wants to spy on us and it has been hogtied in both countries
No more likely to invest in them than cripo currency
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 30 June 2019 6:20:41 AM
ALTRAV & Belly,
I think the Chinese are working along the the same tactics as the old rich families of Europe. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey !
Their greatest weapon is patience whereas patience is our Achilles heel.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 30 June 2019 8:06:30 AM
how the hell do they identify or know if someone was going to make a quick profit.

ALTRAV,
I'd imagine they have investment periods which are long enough to put off the quick buck crowd.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 30 June 2019 8:15:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All