The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is illegal use of disabled parking spaces common?

Is illegal use of disabled parking spaces common?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
What a great idea ALTRAV. 1 don't need a mobility thing yet, but do use the ride on mower to get around the property.

Shopping yesterday 1 saw what 1 consider a heroine. A small slip of a young lady pushing a double stroller with twins in it, towing a shopping trolley along behind with the other hand. there are many ladies dealing with a stroller & a trolley not always as successfully as this one.

Perhaps the shopping centres need to develop a hook or nesting system similar to yours to help them. The first to develop an efficient system should score a real marketing edge.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 25 June 2019 1:03:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen, being an industrial designer my life has been one big design fest.
The only thing limiting my ideas are the people around me.
Luckily the venues I go to, Bunnings, Coles, woolworths etc; have all demonstrated a pleasant curiosity over my 'rig'.
I did in fact suggest to a couple of supermarkets that they should consider electric gopher like shopping trolleys, sort of hybrids with the back half of a gopher grafted into the back of a shopping trolley.
I know for a fact, that I for one, will be their number one customer, because I won't have to go through the effort of unloading my 'rig', I can use theirs.
I had reasoned that to stop any abuse of this hybrid shopping trolley one need only flash their 'ACROD' to qualify to use it, therefore keeping the riff-raff from getting their hands on them.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 25 June 2019 8:24:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well...how lucky am I?

I just put in three days on the bottom of a river brimming with bull sharks, checking boat moorings...I just put a new motor on the boat, that's my mobility scooter..

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 25 June 2019 9:43:05 PM
You are obviously certifiable Diver, swimming with bull sharks.

Me am a very lucky bloke. 40 years ago I used to regularly swim in Cid harbour in the Whitsundays, but it probably wasn't the retirement for old sharks back then.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 26 June 2019 12:21:44 AM
There is not a lot of competition for that job hasbeen.

A dog taken off the rocks recently nearby to the marina. Fisheries set a test line across the river with ten hooks and caught nine bull sharks.

Here is a hint for lovers of fish and chips. If the fish is tainted with an ammonia flavour, its bull shark. They are not fit for eating, but still make their way onto the market occasionally.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 26 June 2019 10:52:22 AM
The Chinese migrants (both the legal and illegal migrants) are doing it all the time. Their excuse is 'No Engrish! No Engrish!'
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 27 June 2019 4:08:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy